Green Carnation - The accoustic verses.

Hobo

Señor Member
Apr 8, 2002
Kata-land
www.stormrider.se
As some of you might know, i realy like green carnation.
well, yesterday i recieved my copy of the accoustic verses (theyre latest album) and i tell you.
You all just got to hear this album.
I just cant describe how good this album is!
I must say i even have my doubts Katatonia can top this.

I just wanted to say this.. and recomend you all to go get this album now..

DirgeForNovember said:
Yeah, it's really great. But I highly doubt they'll ever top Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness. :)

Yeah, that´s gonna be tough!

I too am a huge fan of Green Carnation!!!

Hobo said:
As some of you might know, i realy like green carnation.
well, yesterday i recieved my copy of the accoustic verses (theyre latest album) and i tell you.
You all just got to hear this album.
I just cant describe how good this album is!
I must say i even have my doubts Katatonia can top this.

I just wanted to say this.. and recomend you all to go get this album now..

YEAH MAN, I REALLY LIKE GC TOO A LOT, SPECIALLY THE ALBUM THE QUITE OFFSPRING, BUT THEIR NEWEST ALBUM ITS KIND OF A DIFERENT APROACH OF THE KATATONIA SOUND ON THE NEW ALBUM TOO....BUT ITS NICE TO HEAR THAT, ILL GIVE ANOTHER CHECK TO THE ACOUSTIC VERSES...

A Darkness Coming said:
what album should i start listen to?

That´s a hard fucking question!!!!

If you´re into Woods Of Ypres-like "summer blacl metal" you should start with Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness, but if you like it more rocky,m you should try out A Blessing In Disgiuse!
It´s pretty hard to advise you on GC, because they have changed a lot through their career!
Sorry, but I´m drunk, so maybe you should ask one the others!

All albums of GC are good, but this one, the accoustic verses, is wonderfull!
infact after a few days of listening now, i must say it even touches TD as my favourite album ever..
it is just so beautiful!

from all the GC albums i like 'Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness' most. their debut album 'Journey To The End Of The Night' is the number 2. i didn't enjoy 'Blessing...' and 'Quiet...' that much, but 'Acoustic Verses' is a very fine release

Well, I've downloaded Quiet between the gentle, and all i can say is that I'm really impressed. The samples often don't sound really good because of the bad quality and also beacause you can't hear the hole song. If anyone knows where I can find some samples from the acoustic verses I'd be very grateful. I think i saw the link for a sample of the new album in babbermouth web. I'll check it out and I hope that I will find something.

Journey to the end of night is some kind of doom metalish thing as far as I could tell...some days I love it, others I'm just bored. It's good, though. I think the lyrics were pretty good.

Light of Day, Day of Darkness is the famous one, it's a 60 minute song and I dunno what genre I'd classify it as. Prog rock I guess, it's not really technical or anything but it sounds the most like that and has a huge variety of material in it. It's absolutely excellent, definitely get that.

Blessing in Disguise and The Quiet Offspring are basically like Bon Jovi crossed with Nickelback with some prog touches. I don't HATE them but they definitely remind me of Bon Jovi often and a lot of songs are loaded with mundane powerchord riffs along the lines of modern hard rock radio. The keyboard touches here and there are what make them better than that, but I'm still not a fan by any means.

So is this acoustic verses thing new material, or is it acoustic versions of previously released songs?

it is totaly new songs, all accoustic (almost.. no distorsion used atleast, but keyboards.)
It is far more melancholic than TQO and BiD, which i consider(ed) my favourites.

Hobo said:
it is totaly new songs, all accoustic (almost.. no distorsion used atleast, but keyboards.)
It is far more melancholic than TQO and BiD, which i consider(ed) my favourites.

Hmm, I'll have to check it out sometime. Those two aren't terrible albums or anything, I wasn't trying to insult everyone's taste or anything, I just think they really do have a bon jovi vibe to them and some songs (like the first one on TQO) definitely have a modern hard rock radio thing going. Whatev, I need to listen to them more probably. :E

Great band! I like The Acoustic Verses too.

All of you prefer LoD, DoD, which is great, but A Blessing In Disguise is a bit underrated I think, a song like "Lullaby In Winter" is just irresistable! Blessing is definitely better than TQO i.m.o.

I also read that Tchort has finished the songwriting for the the 2nd part of the trilogy that was started with LoD, DoD, so more greatness ahead.