Insomnium / Mercenary / Green Carnation

EvilVince

Satan Christ
Dec 16, 2001
Morristown, Arizona
myspace.com
Just got into these 3 great bands thanks to this board. I think they were all listed in a lot of people's top ten of 2006 lists (Especially that Denmark guy, thank you). Anyways, I downloaded a bunch of songs and was very impressed, so I went and bought ALL of the bands' CDs. Insomnium sounds like early Amorphis, and Green Carnation sounds great too. Really my type of music. And Mercenary sounds like Nevermore, except GOOD. Awesome bands.

-Vince

N.P. Insomnium - The Elder

nevermore but good?? what exactly the hell do you mean by that tasteless and very wrong remark??! heh well think what ya want but you are most certainly wrong. :lol: new mercenary is definitely good although I haven't givin it much of a listen yet. Listen to a song called writings on the wall by green carnation :headbang:

Oh, well I don't like Nevermore very much. I think they're pretty generic. I think Mercenary is more like an underground version of them. I also discovered a band called Wintersun. They're fucking awesome!

-Vince

I can understand if you just dont like nevermore but to tell you the honest truth mercenery is definitely more generic than nevermore no questions asked. You should hear dreaming neon black or godless endeavor in their entirety.

Hah, alrighty then :) I've mostly listened to "The Quiet Offspring" and "The Acoustic Verses". Both are good, but their infinitely best song has to be "The Burden Is Mine.. Alone". Almost Katatonia class on that dose of depression.

Just got into these 3 great bands thanks to this board. I think they were all listed in a lot of people's top ten of 2006 lists (Especially that Denmark guy, thank you). Anyways, I downloaded a bunch of songs and was very impressed, so I went and bought ALL of the bands' CDs. Insomnium sounds like early Amorphis, and Green Carnation sounds great too. Really my type of music. And Mercenary sounds like Nevermore, except GOOD. Awesome bands.

-Vince

N.P. Insomnium - The Elder

:oops: Are you talking about me???

Hah, alrighty then :) I've mostly listened to "The Quiet Offspring" and "The Acoustic Verses". Both are good, but their infinitely best song has to be "The Burden Is Mine.. Alone". Almost Katatonia class on that dose of depression.

Wrong, Light of Day, Day of Darkness, thanks. 1:00:06 in length, and just an amazing fucking song, and I guess you could say album.