Grind to a stop sound

adrianvillan

Metal Commando.
Mar 31, 2004
The ruins of Los Angeles
Hey guys
Does anyone know how to get that tape slowing down effect in the digital realm? Im talking about the sound made when tape is being slowed down but still audible. Anybody?
thanks in advance.

Metalhead28 said:

Cheers man!
It's so simple and great! :worship:
Until now when I wanted a similar effect I fooled around with time stretch and similar stuff, but this is much easier...

adrianvillan said:
Almost wish I was on windows for all the free plug ins.

So what's the problem? A decent PC would probably cost you a fraction of your Mac... :D

SickBoy said:
Cheers man!
It's so simple and great! :worship:
Until now when I wanted a similar effect I fooled around with time stretch and similar stuff, but this is much easier...

So what's the problem? A decent PC would probably cost you a fraction of your Mac... :D
probly right, but already have so much invested in my mac. I actually do have a pc. 2 of them!! but there just for interent, games, and photoshop stuff. I guess for the price of a pc I can buy the plug ins. it never ends.:erk:

SickBoy said:
Erm... why buy a PC when you have two? :err:
Sorry should have been more clear. Both my pc' are old. Id have to get mor ememory ram, even a new mother board if I wanted it to even come close to running pro-tools with massive plug ins. So buying a whole new computer would be a better option then trying to frankenstien my old one, it has bugs in it as it is. Only owrks when it wants to and freezes up allot.