Grindhouse

Vic Rattlehead

Bonded By Blood
Jun 15, 2003
Chicago
Visit site
Just got back, great movie. Death Proof could have been a lot better but Planet Terror made it all worthwhile. I will now go watch Escape From New York in honor of Kurt Russell.

I just saw escape from new york for the first time so throughout the movie I kept thinking snake plissken! Both movie's were surprisingly great. I'd have to say I liked planet terror more as well. I'm a lot bigger rodriguez fan than tarantino anyhow. Entertaining, action packed, hot girls, funny, pretty much everything you could as for in a movie. This is coming from a person who thought the movies would blow. The only dumb thing was that damn gun leg.

Jello Biafra is allegedly disenfranchised over them using 'Too Drunk Too Fuck' during a rape scene in 'Grindhouse'. Oh well, Rodriguez and Tarantino make some good movies, nevertheless.

I'm a lot bigger rodriguez fan than tarantino anyhow.

Big Spy Kids fan are we?

I saw the movie last night, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Death-Proof was a better movie. In short, it was able to nail the vibe of an exploitation era horror movie and still have a uniquely QT vibe.

(Possible spoilers below)

The trailers were fucking hilarious. Thanksgiving and Hobo With A Shotgun were making me piss myself laughing.

Planet Terror was definitely the best of the two, since it moved a lot quicker and there was always something crazy going on. I loved the oh-so-graphic death scenes. Death Proof was also pretty cool with the completely insane car chases, as well as one of the funniest endings I've ever seen. The one scene where it seems they're talking for forever kinda dragged on, though. The chases made up for it, though.

Overall, it's one of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Go see it now.

i loved them all. Don't was amazing.

I just did research to look into the Hobo with a Shotgun trailer, and Vic had to beat me to it.

I'll probably see the movie 2 more times before the end of this coming weekend.