Groove metal

I'm not shure what groove metal is? Explain
but I give you some good death metal bands.

Impure616 said:
I'm not shure what groove metal is? Explain but I give you some good death metal bands.
youve never heard of groove metal? its like death with blues based guitar parts. It has a slower but with a heavier beat than standard death. Its good shit if you can get your hands on any of it. Id gladly like to hear of some more death metal bands. I love death too.

Most metal has groove to it. God, they make a new genre with just the slightest difference.

No, Six Feet Under is Groovy Death Metal, which is derivative of Slightly Groovy Metal, which was amalgamated with Quarter-Pounder with Thrash in the 1980s.

Vital Remains said:
youve never heard of groove metal? its like death with blues based guitar parts. It has a slower but with a heavier beat than standard death. Its good shit if you can get your hands on any of it. Id gladly like to hear of some more death metal bands. I love death too.

Here is some good shit.

Utopia Banished - One of the best bands ive heard, so check them out.

Impurity(Austria) - There older shit is death, but there new shit is kind of death/black and it is really good.

Eroticide - Atmospheric Death Metal, there lyrics are pretty fucked up but they kick ass

Mictlantecuhtli - They are more of a black/thrash but Im shure you'd like them.

Midwinter - A mix of death,doom, and black

The title track from Arghoslent's Incorrigible Bigotry is one of the most groovy/bluesy tracks I've heard, particularly that damn outro. DAYUM!

My favourite groovejunk is Overkill's later output, by far. Yes, I like "The Killing Kind", "Battle" and "Certifiable" and "Cold, Hard Fact" fucking own. Also "Necroshine" and some of their other stuff.

As for death metal that has groove but doesn't descend into stupidity, Runemagick for fuck's sake. Especially the first few albums, 'cause they went doomier later.

EDIT: and Vomitory, and some Insision

Erik said:
EDIT: and Vomitory, and some Insision

Yes. Check out Vomitory's "Blood Rapture" and Insision's "Revealed And Worshipped".

Vader are pretty groovy too. Same goes for Sepsism - brutal DM with some rather groovy riffs.