Growling?

"Growling isn't about being angry. It's a way of singing. Screaming is about being angry."

I scream while growling (not in a a Dani Midget way though...). :D I reckon growling can be great and it can also be ridiculous, just as any other vocal style.

depends what kinda music, and if its 'varied' like.
it has to have some kind of edge to it - some 'grain' in the character of the growl.

whatever, i dont mind, i dont mind not hearing it tho :)

intet said:
What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.
I also think most growling nowadays is kinda boring but I wouldn't like to hear Jeff Buckley like vocals in Morbid Angel. Anyway, it sounds nice when it fits, just as everything else I guess... I growl in a Death metal band and I like it. And I don't really care if people like it or not, I'm just here to enjoy myself. I do reckon every growler is a poor man. :D

Achernar said:
I also think most growling nowadays is kinda boring but I wouldn't like to hear Jeff Buckley like vocals in Morbid Angel. Anyway, it sounds nice when it fits, just as everything else I guess... I growl in a Death metal band and I like it. And I don't really care if people like it or not, I'm just here to enjoy myself. I do reckon every growler is a poor man. :D

I have got like hundreds of albums with growling, screaming, barking and so on.... It must have got something to do with aging because I just can't stand it anymore and I actually wonder why I threw so much money away at that ridiculous shite! Well I still like angry sounding vocals once and a while. But no more orcs getting ready to kill some little hobbits please!!!

Judge gsz said:
I have got like hundreds of albums with growling, screaming, barking and so on.... It must have got something to do with aging because I just can't stand it anymore and I actually wonder why I threw so much money away at that ridiculous shite! Well I still like angry sounding vocals once and a while. But no more orcs getting ready to kill some little hobbits please!!!

AAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, I can't breath! Wait!

haahaaahaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!