Guarding my house

SueNC

Southern born, metal bred
Dec 13, 2004
as i was leaving for work tonight [i work from 7pm to 7am], i opened the door and was met by some chick i'd never seen before. she was asking me for a ride into town.
without thinking, i just told her i wasnt going into town, i was going to work.
she then asked if she could use my phone to call somebody to come pick her up. she called a man [i heard his voice] and said something to him about coming to pick her up and told him she was at a house near where she stayed [there's a section 8 community just across a field from me].

when i got in my car, i noticed she was just hanging out at the edge of my yard. i called my parents, who stay around the corner and actually manage the section 8 housing for the owner, and told them what was going on.
i described her to my mom and she told me she knew who it was, that i was to leave her alone, not let her in my car, etc... because she was a suspect in a string of burglaries in the community, but that they didnt have the proof they needed to evict her.

my folks did a drive by to check my house, but once i got to work, my nerves were so torn up that my stomach started aching. i told the boss lady that i just couldnt get my head into it and i needed to be home tonight, just in case this girl and the guy she'd called were planning something for later. after all, she now knows i work nights. UGH!!!

my thought was that even if my folks drove by, if the girl and her friend were watching my place, they'd see when they left and could come in, then.

well, i've parked my car to the side of the house, out of sight.
i rigged my front steps with a rope tied low, just out of sight, but high enough to catch somebody just above their ankles.

i have the back door rigged with empty bottles. anybody not watching their step will set off a nightmarish chain of noise [and i'm a light sleeper].

if any of that happens, my next step is this:

charter-73820.gif

Lock and load Sue baby!! You want a little personal protection? I'm laid off at the moment and wouldn't mind taking a few long distance shots at criminal scumbags trying to break into your home with my trusted Mini 14! Only condition will be that the weather in NC has to be better than the weather here in Mass :)

SCOTT F'n BROWN!!!!!!!!
To paraphrase Michelle Obama.. This is the first time in my adult life that I am proud to be from Mass!!!!!:kickass:

l_f6c3e592262fddc34617a8c9282ad755.jpg

if any of that happens, my next step is this:

Lock and load Sue baby!! You want a little personal protection? I'm laid off at the moment and wouldn't mind taking a few long distance shots at criminal scumbags trying to break into your home with my trusted Mini 14! Only condition will be that the weather in NC has to be better than the weather here in Mass :)

oh, make no mistake, i keep my .38 loaded, safety off, and close at hand, ALL THE TIME!!

i've got a license for concealed carry in the state of NC and i'm thinking about adding to my arsenal.
i'd like to get a Derringer .22LR. it's not a powerful gun, by any means, but it's more convenient for carry, imo.

Sue, you should also get a big dog like a bullmastiff or a german shepherd. That way, if someone tries to break in while you're away, that dog will tear their asses up.

Sue, you should also get a big dog like a bullmastiff or a german shepherd. That way, if someone tries to break in while you're away, that dog will tear their asses up.

i was just talking about this with somebody the other day.
i'm not allowed to have pets here, but if i could, my place is way too small for a big dog. i'd have to get something like a Pug. they've got the bark of a bigger dog, but dont take up a lot of room.

I would stay away from a .22 if I were you reason being there is more than a few stories of the round literally bouncing off peoples skull and another thing to take into effect is noise...I know that sounds silly but alot of times if someone shoots at an attacker and misses the noise will make them haul ass .22's are slightly louder than a bb gun. Kind of like a firecracker.

You can get derringers in all calibers now, if it were me I'd go 45acp you get great stopping power and they are loud as hell...

Here's a few for you to look at.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=154619358

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153974908

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=154716659 - Not a derringer but great for concealed carry and holds 6 rounds .380 cal is a shade under 9mm in power. This is the pistol to the far right in my pic.

oh, make no mistake, i keep my .38 loaded, safety off, and close at hand, ALL THE TIME!!

i've got a license for concealed carry in the state of NC and i'm thinking about adding to my arsenal.
i'd like to get a Derringer .22LR. it's not a powerful gun, by any means, but it's more convenient for carry, imo.

I would stay away from a .22 if I were you reason being there is more than a few stories of the round literally bouncing off peoples skull and another thing to take into effect is noise...I know that sounds silly but alot of times if someone shoots at an attacker and misses the noise will make them haul ass .22's are slightly louder than a bb gun. Kind of like a firecracker.

You can get derringers in all calibers now, if it were me I'd go 45acp you get great stopping power and they are loud as hell...

Here's a few for you to look at.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=154619358

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=153974908

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=154716659 - Not a derringer but great for concealed carry and holds 6 rounds .380 cal is a shade under 9mm in power. This is the pistol to the far right in my pic.

the Cobra 9mm Derringer was NICE. not too heavy, either, at 14 oz. when it comes to a carry arm, i'm a little more concerned with convenience. that's why i like the .22LR.
i'm not that concerned with power. if it comes to a point that i'm close up with an assailant, just a 'pop' will be enough. i dont need to kill them. i just need to deter them.

my dad has an arsenal that i'm sure Chairman Obamao would love to get his hands on.
just for carry [depending on his mood, actually], he has several .22's. one is the Derringer and the other is this little sweetheart. it's too bulky for my liking, but the look of it is sufficiently intimidating:

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...bnw=113&prev=/images?q=ruger&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

Geez, Sue! I hope everything is alright there now!? :erk:

Reading this reminded me of the story you posted about that weirdo looking through the back window of your house last year, scary shit! Whats the latest now? I'm guessing Miss. Break in and her buddies didn't come back??

Also, how high is the crime rate like there in NC?

I sometimes get the feeling that in the country I live in, quarter of the population are fucking thieves. Robbery is a very common thing in my neighborhood! So far I`ve been lucky - my flat hasn`t been robbed yet, but few years ago, some fuckers broke into my parents` house and stole my drum hardware, of course no one has been caught.
When I was in Switzerland, it looked like the folks did not know what robbery was.

Geez, Sue! I hope everything is alright there now!? :erk:

Reading this reminded me of the story you posted about that weirdo looking through the back window of your house last year, scary shit! Whats the latest now? I'm guessing Miss. Break in and her buddies didn't come back??

Also, how high is the crime rate like there in NC?

if she's come back, i dont know anything about it, but stuff like that spooks me, so i actually took a couple of nights off work just to stick close to home. my hope is that seeing my car here for a few nights straight will make her and her crackhead b/f decide to look elsewhere.

as for the peeper, the last i heard, he was locked up, but i'm not sure for what.

i dont know what the crime stats are for this part of NC, but i imagine things like burglary are pretty high, just from what i read in the papers every day. :mad:

There have been a string of break ins here. Probably fucking Russians, Gypsies or Romanians. The gangs seek asylym to get a place to stay and then they steal stuff and go back home.

Hope you don't have to find you place empty Sue.

I don't think she is going to get in your face, show her identity, then break in. That doesn't make any sense.

it wouldnt matter if i saw her if she broke in while i was gone. i'd have to be able to prove she was the one that did it.
she's already a suspect in other break ins. they didnt start happening until her crackhead b/f came to live with her, AND, oddly enough, she has a habit of going around and asking random people for rides into town. all those that had their homes broke into before had visits from her similar to mine.

keep in mind... we're not talking about a crafty criminal mastermind. we're talking about a crackhead, operating more out of opportunity that any extensive planning.

Leave someone in your house with a pump shotgun and a really BIG knife then when the whore comes a knocking about that ride to town cheerfully smile and say "Yes, of course I'll give you a ride" while you're gone said b/f breaks in gets a shotgun blast to the chest, has the really BIG knife mentioned earlier put on his person and congratulations, you've just become a neighborhood hero.

And if the record on these individuals is as long as you said don't look for too much of a police investigation, it should be very quick and easy.. Then just enjoy your elevated status in your community:)

***At this time I should probably mention that the following advice is for entertainment/humorous purposes only and should NOT be adhered to or taken seriously*** Thank you:heh:

it wouldnt matter if i saw her if she broke in while i was gone. i'd have to be able to prove she was the one that did it.
she's already a suspect in other break ins. they didnt start happening until her crackhead b/f came to live with her, AND, oddly enough, she has a habit of going around and asking random people for rides into town. all those that had their homes broke into before had visits from her similar to mine.

keep in mind... we're not talking about a crafty criminal mastermind. we're talking about a crackhead, operating more out of opportunity that any extensive planning.

if she's come back, i dont know anything about it, but stuff like that spooks me, so i actually took a couple of nights off work just to stick close to home. my hope is that seeing my car here for a few nights straight will make her and her crackhead b/f decide to look elsewhere.

as for the peeper, the last i heard, he was locked up, but i'm not sure for what.

i dont know what the crime stats are for this part of NC, but i imagine things like burglary are pretty high, just from what i read in the papers every day. :mad:
Yeah well, the girl doesn't seem to bright anyway. I hope for you and everyones sakes there, she and the crack head get caught.. Either that, or shot in the face!

@ T_man: Is that you on the Guitars101 forums?? I sometimes go there to see what goodies people are posting, and I seen a while back a T_man posting there too.

@ T_man: Is that you on the Guitars101 forums?? I sometimes go there to see what goodies people are posting, and I seen a while back a T_man posting there too.

I posted there what seems to be years ago.. I am not too sure if it is me or not to be honest.... If I'm not mistaken I think I was there for some old Van Halen torrents, but honestly don't recall... If it's T_man357 it's more than likely me.:)

I posted there what seems to be years ago.. I am not too sure if it is me or not to be honest.... If I'm not mistaken I think I was there for some old Van Halen torrents, but honestly don't recall... If it's T_man357 it's more than likely me.:)
Okay, I had to go back and look again, and it is T_man357 :)

I remember seeing that name a few years ago, and I seen it again recently from a Suicidal Tendencies (Heading To Nowhere) bootleg you posted. Some dude there bumped your thread asking for a re-up :lol: And no it's not me, I already got that one.

Yeah, I went back and took a look at the site, MAN! I haven't even thought of that site in forever, the reason I went was for the pages and pages of Van Halen bootlegs..... It was a really good site but damn it doesn't seem like too many people hit it anymore.... It's funny though I still grabbed two boots that I had before (Deep Purple 6-14-85, and Judas Priest 9-10-84) :)

Okay, I had to go back and look again, and it is T_man357 :)

I remember seeing that name a few years ago, and I seen it again recently from a Suicidal Tendencies (Heading To Nowhere) bootleg you posted. Some dude there bumped your thread asking for a re-up :lol: And no it's not me, I already got that one.