Guess new Dream Theater drummer-win a prize.

I like Bobby Jarzombek, but I have a feeling it will be Mike Mangini. I heard from a source who works with Roadrunner that Mangini is looking like the guy. Think about it. A berklee guy who has been friends with them for years.

I like Bobby Jarzombek, but I have a feeling it will be Mike Mangini. I heard from a source who works with Roadrunner that Mangini is looking like the guy. Think about it. A berklee guy who has been friends with them for years.
My top two for the slot was both these guys, but I don't think Bobby's as interested as Mike.

I just hope DT isn't pulling a Strato.

My top two for the slot was both these guys, but I don't think Bobby's as interested as Mike.

I just hope DT isn't pulling a Strato.

Ann Marie, I think I know what you mean here, but please elaborate if you can. I can't see a gimmick player for this role.

Mike lobbied intensely for the role. Bobby is winding down the Halford gig as Rob is getting set for the new JP foray. He's in need of a killer job, but...

I just hope DT doesn't, after all the renewed interest, say that Portnoy had a change of heart. I'm jaded, so don't read anything into that.

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/152029 :

"Posted on Thursday, December 09, 2010 at 23:31:21 EST

DREAM THEATER guitarist John Petrucci has issued the following update:

"Hey everyone. Wanted to quickly let you all know what's been happening lately.

I know that the big question is 'Who is the new DT drummer?' I also realize that some people are getting frustrated waiting for the news. Well, auditions went great and we do have someone but we are spending some time getting everything in order before making an official announcement. Let me just say that we are all incredibly excited about our choice and just bursting at the seams to let the world know! "

Wow...from an interview with Petrucci published on Roadrunner's site:

What’s the biggest lesson you learned this year?

Don't let your drummer fill in for another band.

Eh, I know it was tongue in cheek, but if any band members tested the waters and felt the grass was greener, then their bond to your band wasn't that tight anymore to begin with.

I seriously doubt Mike's playing A7X tunes had anything to do with his decision.

Eh, I know it was tongue in cheek, but if any band members tested the waters and felt the grass was greener, then their bond to your band wasn't that tight anymore to begin with.

I seriously doubt Mike's playing A7X tunes had anything to do with his decision.

I do too. He's right in that DT did need a larger break.

muppets-animal-drummer-mupp.jpg

I mean he still needs the Bonham kit on the side, more cymbals and the Octabans, but still.

The new DT drummer is...Mike Portnoy. Come on, this is a publicity stunt. Now, Mike's done with AVENGED SEVENFOLD. Perfect timing to announce that Mike Portnoy is DT's new drummer and they'll be back in 2011 with their best album and best tour ever and they're all in love with one another all over again. Blah, blah, blah...

The new DT drummer is...Mike Portnoy. Come on, this is a publicity stunt. Now, Mike's done with AVENGED SEVENFOLD. Perfect timing to announce that Mike Portnoy is DT's new drummer and they'll be back in 2011 with their best album and best tour ever and they're all in love with one another all over again. Blah, blah, blah...

I honestly don't think so. There's some definite friction between Mike and the guys. More than what's been made public I would guess. They need a break from each other. I hope it's Mangini, his personality would fit the band nicely. Jarzombek is a great drummer but he doesn't have the right personality IMO.