Guess the cover songs recorded thread...

How about a complete performance of "Of Sculptured Ivy" now that Sasha is back in the band, and then finishing off the set with a few new tracks?

Chances of that are slim to none. Sasha and I are the only people currently in the band who played on that CD. We'd rather play the new one in it's entirety if we ever did that. The only time we played an entire CD, I believe was The Knowing, or it was close to the entire thing.

Actually, back in May 1999 we played at Smiler Coogans when we still had CJ in the band (in fact it might've been her last gig with us), and we did the entire "Of Sculptured Ivy" cd at that show. I think it's the only time we played "All the Beauty Twice Again" live. Pretty sure that show was videotaped. With any luck it's in Paul's stash of old ND vids!

Don't think we ever did "The Knowing" in it's entirety. In fact I know we haven't, because we've never done "Searching the Betrayal" or "In Faith" live. But I think every other song on there was done live at some time or another, even "Last God", which we did at a show in Minneapolis back in 2001 or 2002.....gosh I'm remembering all these shows I'd forgotten about, more to add to the ND live shows archive thread!!

Oh and as for ever doing the whole OSIASF cd live, the only way it could be done is if CJ were around to sing her parts. I think I can speak for both Paul and myself when I say that unless we had her vocals present, we wouldn't perform some of those songs. It just wouldn't be right.

Actually, back in May 1999 we played at Smiler Coogans when we still had CJ in the band (in fact it might've been her last gig with us), and we did the entire "Of Sculptured Ivy" cd at that show. I think it's the only time we played "All the Beauty Twice Again" live. Pretty sure that show was videotaped. With any luck it's in Paul's stash of old ND vids!

Don't think we ever did "The Knowing" in it's entirety. In fact I know we haven't, because we've never done "Searching the Betrayal" or "In Faith" live. But I think every other song on there was done live at some time or another, even "Last God", which we did at a show in Minneapolis back in 2001 or 2002.....gosh I'm remembering all these shows I'd forgotten about, more to add to the ND live shows archive thread!!

Oh and as for ever doing the whole OSIASF cd live, the only way it could be done is if CJ were around to sing her parts. I think I can speak for both Paul and myself when I say that unless we had her vocals present, we wouldn't perform some of those songs. It just wouldn't be right.

Oh shit! You're correct, it was Of Sculptured Ivy that we did in it's entirety. I was thinking of The Knowing for some reason.

And yes, CJ would have to be a part of the performance, of there's no way I'd even consider it. So, Jason, you want it, find CJ for us.

Why won't you guys confirm it? Isn't it just us here waiting to hear what it is? Do you like keeping us in suspense? It makes our lifes gloomy. :(

I'd SO love to hear ND cover "Astronomy Domine" (You could cover Voivod's cover LOL). I think it'd go over incredibly well.

As for Metallica? While the obvious choices would be "Creeping Death" and "Seek & Destroy"....let's go with something a little more out there...Trapped Under Ice perhaps? :)

If they covered Trapped Under Ice I wouldn't like it..... I hear that song way too much on guitar hero world tour. :(