Guess the cover songs recorded thread...

Well tell you what Vito... I'll come by the studio dressed as Count Doku and narrate for you.

I enjoy Metal Church for the most part, but not sure the rest of the band care much for them. Honestly one of the main reasons for doing the Metallica tune was that it's one of the bands that we can all say we're fans of, and have been an influence on us.

Voivod were an influence on myself, Chris and Sasha, not so much Paul and Vito. But everyone agrees that the song is a really good one and we've adapted it in a way that suits ND's style and sound.

Ton Of Bricks was always a heavier thrashier kind of tune anyhow, it could be done with several different, more brutal vocal styles I think and it wouldn't sound totally out of place. Musically I don't think it really fits in much with ND's sound though.

All this talk about it though makes me think it's time to pull out "The Dark" and give it a listen.

1. Edge Of Sanity
2. Candlemass
3. Anathema
4. Solitude Aeturnus
5. Neurotoxin

I know you guys said no to it but really would never entertain covering Anathema? Obviously early Anathema as in like We, The Gods. I think you guys could turn that song into a bigger beast than it already is/was. Specially Paul's growls. Plus i'm not sure but i don't think anyone has ever covered it. IMO one of Anathema's most underated songs (specially with that epic ending). Wish they still were going in that direction.

I know you guys said no to it but really would never entertain covering Anathema? Obviously early Anathema as in like We, The Gods. I think you guys could turn that song into a bigger beast than it already is/was. Specially Paul's growls. Plus i'm not sure but i don't think anyone has ever covered it. IMO one of Anathema's most underated songs (specially with that epic ending). Wish they still were going in that direction.

We feel that a cover song should be something that's a bit out of our element, but would work in "our style." Covering a a band in the same genre doesn't make much sense. It would sound so much like the original, it's not really worth doing it. The ONLY way we would cover a band in our genre, is if it were for a very specific tribute CD, and we'd have to be persuaded in a major way.

Cover songs in ND are tough. We all have to agree it makes sense, and the song would work for us, and then we all have to enjoy the song. It's hard to pick them, so we don't do them often.

We feel that a cover song should be something that's a bit out of our element, but would work in "our style." Covering a a band in the same genre doesn't make much sense. It would sound so much like the original, it's not really worth doing it. The ONLY way we would cover a band in our genre, is if it were for a very specific tribute CD, and we'd have to be persuaded in a major way.

Cover songs in ND are tough. We all have to agree it makes sense, and the song would work for us, and then we all have to enjoy the song. It's hard to pick them, so we don't do them often.

Wow never thought of it that way Paul. I just mentioned it cause lol I enjoy old Anathema so much and just thought wow how awesome would it be to hear a ND spin on it. But i guess yeah it really doesn't make sense unless it was for a tribute cd. And i guess being on a anathema tribute cd is not something you guys could be persuaded on. And if so it probably would not be a We, The Gods anyway. The Metallica cover will be cool. I know it's not Orion because there's no vocals on Orion so that wouldn't make sense. Im guessing these covers will be on the Limited Digipak version of the new album. Can't wait.