Guess the cover songs recorded thread...

I will have to think about the VoiVod cover. Astronomy Domine? That would satisfy the VoiVod and Floyd!!! ha!

Metallica...............
Escape?
Sanitarium?
The Unforgiven?

I'd personally enjoy hearing a cover of some of the more moody songs from The Black Album or Load.

The God that Failed
Bleeding Me

Etc.

Agreed, I was thinking about this more.
Some others I thought would be good:
Mama Said
Hero Of The Day
My Friend Misery (Though already covered by Dark Tranquility)
Harvester of Sorrow
Frayed Ends of Sanity

WOW! That is brilliant. Pretty much my favorite band growing up and I have been on a massive "Killing Technology" and "Dimension Hatross" kick lately...

We've kicked around the idea of doing a cover of "Missing Sequences" but I doubt it will ever happen.

JH

C'mon guys, the answer is obvious. The guys did covers of Metallica and Voivod covering other songs, covering Voivod's cover of the Batman theme (from Dimension Hatröss, because Larry IS Batman- just ask him) and covering Metallica's cover of Thin Lizzy's Whiskey in the Jar. Paul loves Thin Lizzy.

We've kicked around the idea of doing a cover of "Missing Sequences" but I doubt it will ever happen.

JH

Why don't you kick around the idea of playing in Chicago with Novembers Doom???? Now that would be a GREAT idea! :headbang:

Dimension Hatross is my all-time fav VoiVod album.
That was a great tour too, with Vio-Lence and Anacrusis supporting.

WOW! That is brilliant. Pretty much my favorite band growing up and I have been on a massive "Killing Technology" and "Dimension Hatross" kick lately...

JH

I'd love to hear you guys do "Missing Sequences", that song easily ranks in the top ten favorite 'Vod songs for me. I tried doing it years ago in my old band with Nunez and Willie (Gee, my guitar tech), but we eventually gave up! haha

I can totally see your vocals working perfectly on that song, too.

Why don't you kick around the idea of playing in Chicago with Novembers Doom???? Now that would be a GREAT idea! :headbang:

That would be awesome! I haven't seen Agalloch yet but I can't wait till I do some day, and it would be great to see ND play new material, and headline a show as well.

I'd love to hear you guys do "Missing Sequences", that song easily ranks in the top ten favorite 'Vod songs for me. I tried doing it years ago in my old band with Nunez and Willie (Gee, my guitar tech), but we eventually gave up! haha

I can totally see your vocals working perfectly on that song, too.

Yeah. We've also discussed doing "Angel Rat"...an easy one since that song contains so many elements of our style anyway.
I dunno...maybe we'll try it someday...

I'm really curious to know what song you guys are doing.

JH