Guilty Pleasures

'Wicked' is my fave from Ice Cube for sure. 'Pushin Weight' is pretty awesome as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm more of a fan of Ice's early work.

^First Ice Cube song I heard and I fell in love with it.

Elton John is awesome.I find him to be a very moving artist.

Ice Cube is also awesome, imo. The whole album " The Predator", is in my opinion brilliant...........
.............STOPPING IN MY BIG BLACK BOOTS!!!!

And Justice is cool. I love electronic music, so that isn't a GUilty Pleasure for me.
Hell yeah. Some more electronic acts I like:
Aphex Twin
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Castles
Orbital
The Prodigy (Early Work)
Daft Punk (shut up)

Weezer have some great stuff. They have a knack for writing super-catchy and super cool simple rock songs.

My fave song of theirs (the clip is fucking awesome as well):

Richie Sambora--A Stranger In This Town. Really dig this album. Not Bon Jovi, but does resemble it a little bit. Excellent guitar playing and songwriting. Really an underrated album. 1994.

This is just about the most 80s thing I've ever seen and I like it

also, I wasn't born when this came out so I don't have the nostalgia excuse.

It's not an oxymoron really though is it? It's a bit like saying pumping your friends younger sister whilst in the toilet at their house was a guilty pleasure. You had the pleasure of the orgasm, but afterwards you felt weird talking to him.

Related to music it is. It's like: oh, I feel so ashamed about listening to Dimmu Borgir, I'm gonna redeem my manhood now by blasting Burzum. Weeeeeeeeee.
Who are you going display this so-called "shame" to, and how exactly will this be manifested? No one and in no way, respectively.

Wouldnt the most guilty pleasure be that song you dont really like that wont stop playing in your head ? not that its a pleasure, I never understood what that was about, I know it happens to others but Im not sure about everyone. Seems like its always those really cheezy, hooky songs that you dont like because of the cheese factor but the hook sunk.