Guilty Pleasures

lots of good bands mentioned. i don't feel guilty about anything i like though.

dire strait- great guitar playing
toto- after dream theater probably the best group of musicians ever assembled

anyways grateful dead is awesome

Toto ? has me dumbfounded as to why I know the name but never thought they were worth checking out.

CWOAB-Fire is great. That keyboard player, Vincent Crane was founding member of Atomic Rooster after he left Brown. Along with Carl Palmer who soon left Rooster to join ELP, and was replaced by a great drummer who gets little credit amounst his generation of drummers but deserves it. Name excapes me at the moment. He was another to fall victim of DRUGS ! Dead at a young age, heroin I believe.

Toto ? has me dumbfounded as to why I know the name but never thought they were worth checking out.

CWOAB-Fire is great. That keyboard player, Vincent Crane was founding member of Atomic Rooster after he left Brown. Along with Carl Palmer who soon left Rooster to join ELP, and was replaced by a great drummer who gets little credit amounst his generation of drummers but deserves it. Name excapes me at the moment. He was another to fall victim of DRUGS ! Dead at a young age, heroin I believe.

steve lukather is in toto. look up the members of the band and those guys have literally played on thousands of albums

OK, I figured it out, they did the song Rosanna and I had them figured for a soft pop band.

they also did "africa" and "hold the line". look up the song "falling in between" or anything from the album kingdom of desire. they've played on all kinds of things. they are the band they played on michael jackson thriller except for the EVH solo which lukather got eddie to do because they are good friends.

Thats way too romantic for me anymore. Guess they have something in common with mid/late Steely Dan but I think I like Steely Dan better. None of these songs mentioned have a thing on Royal Scam other than excessive gayness

guess i need to help some people out:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=326bHNGYVz4&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luSFa12q4Zc&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1tg5n-SouI&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
That is good Matt but falling in between is new and obviously inspired by music in between now and their pop days. They are good musicians no doubt, I just have a hard time with bands that get as soft as some of that early pop stuff. Kinda like I'd like to see these guys live but if they broke into Rosanna I'd feel the need to evacuate real quick. Daves gone Skiing is top knotch fusion. I think its the vocals and much of the lyric content that lose me, love it when they are instrumental.

Panzer - Steely Dan covered a bit of ground in their journey so I wouldnt totally agree with your gets old part. They did grow old to me from over listening and by the time Goucho came out they had gone too long with what started as a good thing. The Royal Scam album in my opinion is one of the best ever written and I believe it had a strong influence on later music of that sort. I dont listen to it anymore but I cant imagine someone becoming bored listening to Royal Scam unless they just dont like that style of music. Aja I enjoyed for awhile but it didnt hold up and never had the impact of Royal Scam to me. Ever check the list of credits for a Steely Dan album ? They werent really even a "band", more like two song writers and a cast of session musicians.

just get the album falling in between then. if you like the old 70's tune "hold the line" the first 2 albums (self titled and hydra) are pretty close to being that heavy all the way through.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NckTvhyMSc&feature=related[/ame]

i like this tune a lot:

and i like when steve lukather sings. really good voice for a guitar player.

Last edited by a moderator:
200px-BobMarley-SongsOfFreedom.jpg

Discuss.

And some more for you.
Belinda Carisle - Heaven is a Place on Earth
The B-52's
Elton John
Ice Cube
Justice
Weezer

Elton John is awesome.I find him to be a very moving artist.

Ice Cube is also awesome, imo. The whole album " The Predator", is in my opinion brilliant...........
.............STOPPING IN MY BIG BLACK BOOTS!!!!

And Justice is cool. I love electronic music, so that isn't a GUilty Pleasure for me.