Guiness

+1

GuinnessPoster.jpg

Burrrrp!... Stout...:kickass:

I'm drinking one right now actually. The price club in these parts have them on sale 24 pack for $25. That's like a dollar a pint. I stand corrected about it being a pasteurized stout although I knew that already. I tend to call all beers "ale".

I used to bartend at a Belgian beer joint. Good times. We had 175 different beers by the bottle and 17 on tap (all Belgian). The kegs on tap rotated often so I got to "try" a new beer just about daily. I wish Leffe still imported their brown ale stateside. That was like drinking a happy nestle quick for adults.

I've always dug Guiness but it wasn't until I tended bar at an Irish pub, Molly Malones, that I started a love affair with it.

How do you make an Irish Martini? Easy. Pour a pint of Guiness and a shot of Jameson on the side. Enjoy.

Redneck Martini? Crack open a can of Budwieser and a side shot of American whiskey(preferably Jim Beam). Enjoy

Guiness is a very boring, flat, low alcohol beginners stout.

Once you have grown out of Guinness you will find there are hundreds of other stouts that blow that one out of the water.

I have been drinking stouts for longer than I can remember. Guinesss is always what most beginners will think of when someone says 'stout'. But that beer is about as boring as they come for stouts, very simple, low carbonation, little flavor, just nothing complex or interesting about a Guiness.

If you want to play with the big boys give this a try:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13371/31547

Fuck anyone on there that doesn't give it an A. Best stout I have ever had and I have had hundreds of them in my day.

How do you make an Irish Martini? Easy. Pour a pint of Guiness and a shot of Jameson on the side.

You're obviously not Irish, a real Mick know's how to enjoy a proper Irish Martini, although you're close.
It's: Have pint of Guinness, a shot of Jameson then punch you cousin!

ironmaidenfan09 said:

Once you have grown out of Guinness you will find there are hundreds of other stouts that blow that one out of the water.

I have been drinking stouts for longer than I can remember. Guinesss is always what most beginners will think of when someone says 'stout'. But that beer is about as boring as they come for stouts, very simple, low carbonation, little flavor, just nothing complex or interesting about a Guiness.

Fuck anyone on there that doesn't give it an A. Best stout I have ever had and I have had hundreds of them in my day.

I'll have to track that one down.

I really enjoy this one: http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beer/an-exceptional-family-of-beers/seasonal/blackout-stout

Most stouts are way too fucking sweet. Dry Irish is the way to go if you don't like drinking malt you could cut with a knife.

I'm drinking one right now actually. The price club in these parts have them on sale 24 pack for $25. That's like a dollar a pint. I stand corrected about it being a pasteurized stout although I knew that already. I tend to call all beers "ale".

I used to bartend at a Belgian beer joint. Good times. We had 175 different beers by the bottle and 17 on tap (all Belgian). The kegs on tap rotated often so I got to "try" a new beer just about daily. I wish Leffe still imported their brown ale stateside. That was like drinking a happy nestle quick for adults.
It is an ale. Basically there are 2 types of beer. Ale and Lager. There are other styles and mixes but the two main ones are these . Stouts are generally Ales. Ales Are fermented at higher temps than lagers using top fermenting yeast and lagers with bottom fermenting yeast. You get different clarities and flavors from the different yeasts and temps which can be pretty distinct. Theres many other things involved with the different types and styles but thats the basic difference between ales and lagers.

they say the same thing about heiniken

...That you can't say you've tasted it unless you drank it in Ireland? :lol:

Sorry...

I like Guinnes. I remember drinking it at a pub in Lanzarote once. Sitting outside in the burning sun, Guinnes gave me the feeling of a full stomach, and the combination of Guinnes and a blazing sun made me...well...unsure of how to get back to the hotel.

I also like Leffe. That's a tasty beer.
However, a fine, Scottish single malt whisky is my absolute favourite drink of choice. No ice. Just a few drops of water in there to open up the full taste experience.