Guiness

This is a good Ale:

arrogant_beer_ale_11.jpg

I am a beer snob and wine snob and proud of it :D

You're also a metal/music snob. I kind of am too when I think about it.

Most beer snobs I've run into are full of shit! This is a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago:
Beer snob: "Stella Artois in Canada is brewed by Labatt, and it tastes horrible now"
Me: "Dude, it is clearly writen IMPORTED"
Beer snob: "And you believe it? Trust me I know, I've done service calls at Labatt"
Me: "It says Brewed in Belgium right on the fuckin' bottle"
Beer snob: "That is just marketing"
Overall, I've come to just except that people think it makes them look smart if they appear educated on certain topics. Beer, Wine, Cigars, Art.
I usually just write them off as dousche bags. Just like English speaking people that say shit like, "je ne sais quoi" It just makes me want to punch them in the cock!

Most beer snobs I've run into are full of shit! This is a conversation I had a couple of weeks ago:
Beer snob: "Stella Artois in Canada is brewed by Labatt, and it tastes horrible now"
Me: "Dude, it is clearly writen IMPORTED"
Beer snob: "And you believe it? Trust me I know, I've done service calls at Labatt"
Me: "It says Brewed in Belgium right on the fuckin' bottle"
Beer snob: "That is just marketing"
Overall, I've come to just except that people think it makes them look smart if they appear educated on certain topics. Beer, Wine, Cigars, Art.
I usually just write them off as dousche bags. Just like English speaking people that say shit like, "je ne sais quoi" It just makes me want to punch them in the cock!

Well one thing he was correct in is that Stella tastes like shit. Horrible Belgian ale. Probably the most over hyped Belgian ale on the market. The same brewery makes Hoegardden which is much better

It's all just personal taste.

_308485_men300.jpg

Exactly....something, some people should get a grip on.

I have homebrewed almost 100 gallons in the last few years (many different varieties), and I love all the high-end stuff, but anyone with even a modicum of sense KNOWS that Blatz beer is the finest in the world.

Don't question it. Drink it, believe it, live it.

Im 100 percent Irish and hate irish and english beers. One day I wish to be in Belgium and experience the best beers in the world

I happen to love British beers. I've got nothing against Belgian stuff (except how it's priced), but give me a pint of Bass or Newcastle on a hot day, or - Guinness, when it's cold, and I might skip food for a few more hours.
Nevertheless, trying some new stuff is a wonderful thing.
There's a little place in NYC called David Copperfield's where I'm educating myself...
http://www.davidcopperfields.com/ontap.html

Well one thing he was correct in is that Stella tastes like shit. Horrible Belgian ale. Probably the most over hyped Belgian ale on the market. The same brewery makes Hoegardden which is much better

Hoegardden is pretty good. Unfortunately the brewery was bought out by AB inbev.

I have 2 breweries close to me. One is fairly new. So far they've only sold their beer in cans. They have a Blonde Ale, American Pale Ale, and Stout.
All three are fucking phenomenal. If you ever see anything from "Southern Star" give it a try. Buried Hatchet is the name of the stout. It's probably one of the best balanced stouts I've ever had. Its made with a blend of roasted and brown malt with wheat and rolled oats. Its pretty malty and roasty with nice coffee and cacao flavors from the roasted barley. It's not super sweet and has some bitterness from the hops. ABV is 8.25

http://www.southernstarbrewery.com/SSBBeers.asp

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16759/47026