Guiness

well I have to say Staropramen did taste different when I had it in England...

I like Staropramen.

I suppose there are also some "cultural connotations" that influence the taste experience. Drinking Stella Artois in Belgium feels right. In some places in the UK, however, Stella Artois is commonly known as "the wife beater", which makes one feel less comfortable drinking it.

"Wife beater" I didn't know of that. I'll try it one day and use it as an excuse. You know, it wasn't me, it was the goddamned Stellas!

This is a good Ale:

arrogant_beer_ale_11.jpg

...That you can't say you've tasted it unless you drank it in Ireland? :lol:

Sorry...

I like Guinnes. I remember drinking it at a pub in Lanzarote once. Sitting outside in the burning sun, Guinnes gave me the feeling of a full stomach, and the combination of Guinnes and a blazing sun made me...well...unsure of how to get back to the hotel.

I also like Leffe. That's a tasty beer.
However, a fine, Scottish single malt whisky is my absolute favourite drink of choice. No ice. Just a few drops of water in there to open up the full taste experience.

i forgot to add that heiniken aint aint irish,in my origianl comment all i was saying was some drinks taste better in there own country

This is a good Ale:

arrogant_beer_ale_11.jpg

I am not a fan of IPA's. Hate the over the top hoppiness of them.

I think the finest beers come from Belgium. Belgian style ales are definitely my favorite. They tend to be complex and higher in alcohol than most other ales.

I had a pretty good seasonal beer the other night..not great but good, and a great label....

sleigher-e1289849856333-225x300.jpg

It is an ale. Basically there are 2 types of beer. Ale and Lager. There are other styles and mixes but the two main ones are these . Stouts are generally Ales. Ales Are fermented at higher temps than lagers using top fermenting yeast and lagers with bottom fermenting yeast. You get different clarities and flavors from the different yeasts and temps which can be pretty distinct. Theres many other things involved with the different types and styles but thats the basic difference between ales and lagers.

Thank you. It's good to know all of that.
Years and years ago, in London where I was as a tourist, I ordered a Guinness in a pub. The man gave me a bad look and corrected me with an icy voice: "Stout...".

I am not a fan of IPA's. Hate the over the top hoppiness of them.

I think the finest beers come from Belgium. Belgian style ales are definitely my favorite. They tend to be complex and higher in alcohol than most other ales.

I had a pretty good seasonal beer the other night..not great but good, and a great label....

sleigher-e1289849856333-225x300.jpg

I used to hate IPA too, but I've been on a kick lately, don't know why but I've been going for the over the top hoppyness as well as stouts with over the top maltiness, if thats even a word.

sleigher, nice.

Zatec? I know it exists (it's also name of a Czech town, where it also appears to be the brewery) but I don't know if I have ever tasted it.

beer snobs can be super douchey elitists.

Being a bartender and having bartended at finer beer establishments, I've never been snobby about peoples beer choices, tastes or mispronounciations. People like what they like and I've always respected that. I've also never pushed anyone to buy a beer they might not like. That's the beauty of draft beer. You can let someone sample and educate them a little bit about it.

Being a bartender and having bartended at finer beer establishments, I've never been snobby about peoples beer choices, tastes or mispronounciations. People like what they like and I've always respected that. I've also never pushed anyone to buy a beer they might not like. That's the beauty of draft beer. You can let someone sample and educate them a little bit about it.

I am a beer snob and wine snob and proud of it :D

Being a bartender myself, you're right and I agree. I might sometimes offer something that I think would be better for the customer, but I won't frown upon their drink of choice. It's been done to me, and quite frankly that's just being a douche bag.

Whisk(e)y can be even worse because some people are such primadonnas with their personal tastes.