Guitar Effects Processor

Vintersägen

Reaching the infinity
Feb 8, 2003
Alpha Centauri
Visit site
I know theres a lot of musicians here in the forum outside of the guys from Vintersorg, and I like to ask this for the guitar players:

-What 'Guitar Effects Processor' do you guys use?

*just curious, cause I'm planing to buy one soon*

Vintersägen said:
I know theres a lot of musicians here in the forum outside of the guys from Vintersorg, and I like to ask this for the guitar players:

-What 'Guitar Effects Processor' do you guys use?

*just curious, cause I'm planing to buy one soon*
POD 2.0 by Line 6. On the new album we had a mixture of POD Pro and a good old marshall, that operated on full volume, but at home I use the 2.0 version.

mr V

BOSS HM-2 and bass amp (I mainly play the bass but use the same amp for my guitar)
That and the BOSS Death Metal are the grimmest ones avalible and the only ones anyone ever needs. Just turn everything to max.

Vintersorg said:
POD 2.0 by Line 6. On the new album we had a mixture of POD Pro and a good old marshall, that operated on full volume, but at home I use the 2.0 version.

mr V

Wow, I use the same stuff! (wow indeed) What model of marshall do you use?

IMO guitar effect processors sound good for practising at home or for recording, but i don´t like their sound used live on stage. My roommate has a POD (don´t know its name, but its not the newest one), it sounds good over his hifi, and he also used it for recording purposes with good results. I play a Marshall TSL 60 Amp with a 1960 Cabinet without any effects, only the reverb which is on the Marshall top, i think it sounds more "natural" and less "sterile" than with effects. For practising i use a cheap korg multi-effect, it sounds crap, but the marshall is too loud for my small room and for my neighbors.

Vintersorg said:
I guess it was a JCM 900.....

Ah, I see...I use one of the Valvestate models, it's very nice, I strongly recommend it if you're ever searching for a new amp...of course I've never actually played on a JCM so I wouldn't quite know which one is particularly better.

Offtopic: Would you (or anyone else) happen to know anywhere that sells Vintersorg shirts in size large? Napalm records only has XL and I haven't been able to find any other place that sells V shirts period. Help would be much appreciated!

Vintersorg said:

mr V
Is that POD that make that crazy sounds on the "Visions from the Spiral Generator"?
A friend of mine has a Boss GT-6(just fucking amazing:headbang: ) and it has some pretty crazy sounds that reminded me of the VFTSG.