Guitar Instrumental Mix-DI's included.

The playing here is fantastic, great project to work with. I'm going to work on the mix soon, sorry, running out the door right now. I did the reamps this morning though, and here they are RAW, no EQ or even HP/LP filtering. I am going for that slow attack Loomis type vibe.

Very tasty.

Last edited by a moderator:
And a mix. What guitar/pickup were these DIs recorded with? Bass too. I like it a lot, very chimey and clear, but that's undoubtedly a well practiced player for the majority. Still... the guitar can't be hurting the situation lol.

I re-reamped the rhythm guitars only, when I got to mixing they were just a hair too loose.

Here is my mix :

Amazing song ! :D

And a mix. What guitar/pickup were these DIs recorded with? Bass too. I like it a lot, very chimey and clear, but that's undoubtedly a well practiced player for the majority. Still... the guitar can't be hurting the situation lol.

I re-reamped the rhythm guitars only, when I got to mixing they were just a hair too loose.

I like the mixes guys!

I used an ESP Horizon 7 with EMG 707's and a P.O.S Fender squire bass. I recorded the dry signal from my PODHD500.

I like the mixes guys!

I used an ESP Horizon 7 with EMG 707's and a P.O.S Fender squire bass. I recorded the dry signal from my PODHD500.

So the DI's from both the guitar and bass was record straight from the POD?
Anything else in the DI chain?

Those are some of the best sounding DI's i've heard.

Also is the guitars body made from mahogany or alder?

So the DI's from both the guitar and bass was record straight from the POD?
Anything else in the DI chain?

Those are some of the best sounding DI's i've heard.

Also is the guitars body made from mahogany or alder?

Hey thanks man. When the pod hd is set to tuner mode it bypasses the effects and sends the clean signal. No effects added, guitar is a neckthru mahog body.

Hey thanks man. When the pod hd is set to tuner mode it bypasses the effects and sends the clean signal. No effects added, guitar is a neckthru mahog body.

Think i might have to look into getting a podhd for recording. Dont really like my interface (just a cheap one). Thanks for the info.

Had another go, spent around an hour and half on this one. Drums need work. Done using POD HD Pro, anyone want the preset? Tried mimicking the loomis tone.