Guitar neck tassels for string noise?

Apr 4, 2011
U.K
I've been watching a few of the studio updates from bands that record at the foundation studios (joeys den), and alot of the guitarists have a couple of tassels or something dangling from like the 4th fret . I'm pressuming this is to eliminate unwanted string noise. Does anyone know where I can find some and does anyone use them? :headbang:

wtf is a tassel?

gr0810-06c.jpg

things like this that would, for example, go under the top 3 strings when recording with the bottom 3 to eliminate open string noise...

Thats quite a clever and clean solution actually. I know Colin Richardson uses masking tape to mute strings not being played but this would stop them from getting covered in gunk.

You can use a bandana too. Even a hair band works pretty well. Hell, maybe even a t-shirt.

Something like a thin strip of urethane would be great for string muting. Speaking of AA/Ben... from their last concert in Vancouver got me looking at this axe, they are really cool but hard to find! Lucky no one knows about them so the prices are closeout......pick it up this afternoon:

We have just received your order (see details below).
QTY QTY DATE
BRAND MODEL DESCRIPTION ORDERED AVAIL RECEIVED
-------------------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------- ------- ----- --------
IBANEZ ELECTRICS FR1620 BK IBANEZ FR PRESTIGE ASH BODY BLACK 1 1 04/20/11