Guitar or bass, I planning to buy, but wich?

im_mortal_man

Take thing as things...
Jan 8, 2009
Finland
Hail!
I'm about to ask what you think!
I already have 1 acoustic and 1 electric guitar,
and I will buy a new one,
but I don't know wich is better, guitar or bass..
I have played guitar, but I haven't play bass in lessons,
just in school, and there it is boring...
So, I know only simply things about bass, but
sure I can train myself without lessons!

NOTE: I have only about 200-350 euros bass or guitar!

But, wich is better? :OMG: :erk: o_O

One thing to keep in mind about bass is that it's rhythm & melody in one instrument, but it's generally not quite as experimental of an instrument as guitar. On bass if you're going to play common metal you many times follow guitar or go at half speed of the guitars. In this style it's very much a supportive instrument. It's the instrument that gives the band backbone & adds depth to the sound, but it's an rarely an instrument that takes front stage... Because of this I would recommend that you be more interested in playing rhythmically than melodically or be interested in improvising before jumping into bass...

& no offense, but you don't really sound like you know what in the hell you want, so you're probably not very good. My recommendation would be to get better at guitar & save up a few more hundred dollars. Guitars in your price range suck & you will do better if you get something decent. You will play more & have a better understanding of the guitar if you get better & take your time when shopping.

Its true. To amny metal bass players do nothing but follow the guitars. There is no good reason for this. Theres great band with bass players who dogo way beyond that. So the world needs more good bass players to make playing metal bass more eventful because its possible its just that most dont do it.