Guitar perfectness

It's just a lot of patience with well set up instruments. Lots of tracking involved.

this is key too. setting up your instruments professionally will go a long way.
I even keep studio instruments that I'm used to working with as well. that helps for when you get a bassist/guitarist with a guitar that sucks or a drummer who just has the most ridiculous sounding snare.

this is key too. setting up your instruments professionally will go a long way.
I even keep studio instruments that I'm used to working with as well. that helps for when you get a bassist/guitarist with a guitar that sucks or a drummer who just has the most ridiculous sounding snare.

Amen dude! Whats your Studio guitar? Mines the Ibanez RG121 Prestige (August Burns Red)

Sam Bottner said:
tune after every take, new strings, and gsnap. <--perfect tuning

Not trying to be "that guy" but what kind of settings do you use on gsnap (or any pitch corrector) to tune guitars (attack release threshold hp and lp)
Just ballpark
I've tried it before and i can't get it to work too well

whoa guys! hahah

i just throw it on with the subtle preset, but like i said, the guitars need to be tuned really well anyway for it to work right. it does definitely help for those long open chords though.

Get yourselves a really great tuner. I use a korg rackmount, I forget the model, I think it was about $229. But I also have the Boss TU-3 that I use a lot too. New strings will be a great help, just be sure to stretch. But do what you have to for the production. Go back and re-record a sustained bit, with a perfectly tuned chord. People, musicians especially, will notice the out of tune chord sometimes in a mix. Just like when guitarist to bend or use vibrato in the proper intervals =/