Guitar Pickups

davidthangjam10

New Metal Member
May 4, 2013
India
facebook.com
I've been trying to replace my stock bridge pickup of Schecter Omen Extreme 6. But i don't know what to go for please suggest a good pickup? not too costly. P.s no bareknucke i can't afford it :p

All my guitars have Duncans except for RG550 which has a PRS HFS.
I am now completely EMG free :)
Hate them.
With EMGs I could never get that squishy compression in the lows that good passives give.
My ESP Eclipse custom sounded terrible with 81/85 set so I put a set of Duncan 59s in and it rocks.
My ESP M1 sounded unbearably thin with an 81 so I put an 85 in and was still dead so I put Invader in and sounds amazing.
I know everyone loves EMGs on here but not me.
I also tried the 18v mod and they sounded even more "peaky" and scratchy than before.

All my guitars have Duncans except for RG550 which has a PRS HFS.
I am now completely EMG free :)
Hate them.
With EMGs I could never get that squishy compression in the lows that good passives give.
My ESP Eclipse custom sounded terrible with 81/85 set so I put a set of Duncan 59s in and it rocks.
My ESP M1 sounded unbearably thin with an 81 so I put an 85 in and was still dead so I put Invader in and sounds amazing.
I know everyone loves EMGs on here but not me.
I also tried the 18v mod and they sounded even more "peaky" and scratchy than before.

IMHO Duncans are the worst pickups on the planet, and I just gave their new Pegasus and Sentient a try. For me, they are inline with maybe the stock IBZ pickups in Ibanez guitars.

I get a hotter more compressed signal with my EMG equipped guitars than I do my passives. I feel I get longer, fatter sustain and it's much more effortless to play on EMGs. What can I say, I love them!

As we speak, I'm having EMG Metalworks 57-7H 66-7H pickups installed in my RGD.

You don't think this is good tone?

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't want EMGs Pickup most of them are active pickups i don't have the slot for a battery i don't want to make other hole for battery. i was thinking of getting Duncan Distortion. a lot of friend suggest me. but i couldn't get in my place that's the problem. i'm mainly playing high gain stuffs so i think duncan pickups are good with it. how the sh-4 are they good for high gain stuffs? thanks for the reply

I own SH-4 on two of my Jacksons. They are awesome. Lot of people always talk about the new things coming out but that pickups are really great. They where used in a lot of the most incredible albums. Think... Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, Youthanasia from Megadeth. They where the sound of the most prolific Dave Mustaine's career.

:headbang:

Seymour Duncans if you want to sound like everyone else, I guess.

If you're more of sonic non-comformist, then consider something like a Dimarzio Super Distortion or a Gibson 500T. Also, can't go wrong with PAFs/57 Classics/490Ts/Dirty Fingers.

i'm mostly playing high gain stuffs like progessive metal/djent. so i need a good pickup like duncan distortion (but i don't seems to find this one in my states) are those duncan pickup will be good for high gain!

I put LACE Drop n' Gain on my guitar and it absolutely slays. I tried EMG 81 and 85, SD TB4, TB6, Bill Lawrence Dimebucker, even custom pickups, the Lace was the best without any difficulty.