Guitar players! I need your advice!

introducing theory should be your priority. but to keep your students motivated you have to teach em basic stuff. "smoke on the water" is as simple as it gets... punk songs are much easier though. try "should i stay or should i go" by the clash, without the solo riffs. it has some barre chords (F and G) but its basically just a progression of the D G and A chords. yarrgh... "brainstew" by greenday, also. and "good riddance" is good for acoustic instruments. and "sad but true" or "enter sandman" by metallica, without the solo's. yep. have fun, make dat monay $$ :headbang:

I am sure if he got hired as a teacher, he knows how to structure a class and what to teach theory wise. The man just asked for suggestions on easy songs!

Too bad I can only think of Ramones. Sorry.

Oh! I remember Iron Maiden's "Wasting Love" was pretty easy for me as a beginner (which I still am, and now I know less than I knew 10 years ago) and also Bruce Dickinson's "Tears of the Dragon". It was exciting for me to play those tunes. I like ballads, yeah...

i tought my father the beyond the dark sun sweeps for they're a good practise in sweeping.. he's making progress, he's at 60% speed :p

People tend to think that as long as you can play guitar, you can teach it. I can't think of any other subject were this happens as frequently. Just look at Guitar World or any other magazine that features some famous guitarist sitting and saying "uhm uhh, okies, i sweep this Amaj, or maybe it's minor, w/e". Even qualified teachers are often not cut out for it.

First arp is wrong, it should be Emin as shredtastical said, and 30bpm lower.

You're a cunt too. Nobody likes you.

wtf? nobody likes him? As far as i see youre being cunt to 90 percent of the ppl on these forums. You have no more to expect than being called a cunt.

Now to the Answer to Chairman Kaga:
If you want really beginner then u can teach them rainbow in the dark or Holy diver...thats really easy but u said easy so i took the easiest i know. Depends on what kinda metal u wanna teach them. Thats pretty much just heavy metal.

wtf? nobody likes him? As far as i see youre being cunt to 90 percent of the ppl on these forums. You have no more to expect than being called a cunt.

Now to the Answer to Chairman Kaga:
If you want really beginner then u can teach them rainbow in the dark or Holy diver...thats really easy but u said easy so i took the easiest i know. Depends on what kinda metal u wanna teach them. Thats pretty much just heavy metal.

smoke on the water! :(:(:(