Guitar players! I need your advice!

Chairman Kaga

Jan 23, 2007
Los Angeles
I just got hired as a guitar teacher and I just want to know what easy metal songs I should teach my students? I'm looking for a lot of beginner metal songs and I know very well that you guys have a ton of metal knowledge! Thanks.

Obituary's Red Neck Stomp is all power chords. Groovy, heavy, and simple.

Breakin the Chains - Dokken - fun to play and is the metal grove
Livin After Midnight - Priest - never really liked playing it but its easy
The Trooper - Maiden - easy to play but a hard pace to keep so you could say its easily challenging

I learned Iron Man way back and quickly began to hate the song, so Id say any other old Sabbath

Megadeth's Sweating Bullets inst that bad... hmm... Highway to Hell by ACDC even though that is hard rock not metal, most of the easier songs i know have either been named or they arnt metal, like White Room by Cream, and For Whom the Bell Tolls by metallica. Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden has some easier riffs.

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath, Iron Man
Megadeth - Symphony Of Destruction
Metallica - Enter Sandman, Master of Puppets
AC DC (NOT metal) - Back In Black, Highway to Hell, every-song-they-ever-wrote-because-they-all-sound-the-same-and-use-the-same-three-power-chords

Stuff by the Ramones

I just got hired as a guitar teacher and I just want to know what easy metal songs I should teach my students? I'm looking for a lot of beginner metal songs and I know very well that you guys have a ton of metal knowledge! Thanks.

I'd start w/ stuff like Ironman by Sabbath, CrazyTrain, stuff like that. Maybe even Walk by Pantera.

:)

Personally, I'd let the students decide which songs THEY want to learn. Unless they are already familiar with a song and have a genuine interest in learning to play that particular song, most are not likely to practice it nearly enough.

When I was a wee lad just learning to play, my first guitar teacher insisted on teaching me songs he already knew - mostly soft rock standards which I had no interest in, and many of which I'd never even heard before. Consequently, I never practiced them between lessons, and never really learned them.
It wasn't until I got another teacher who was willing to decipher and tab out for me exactly what I wanted to learn to play that I really began to progress as a guitarist.

easy...metal...

does that exist?

anyway, easiER metal... early metallica. and don't listen to that idiot who suggested master of puppets.