Guitar Questions!!!!

Yeah thats true. Nearly everyone replying to this forum seems to have at least one Jackson guitar. (including me)
But thats cool i think.

Here in Austria the Jackson guitars seem to go under a bit. Every music store is full of Ibanez and Gibson guitars. Jackson are very rare. I'm very happay that i got my DK2 early enought.
The only Jackson guitars u'll find here at the moment are the RR and the KV. But they are also very rare.

Originally posted by letaT
Hmmm...nobody seems to like Ibanez guitars in here....:) IMHO standard Ibanez models (especially the RG and the S series) offer the best bang for the buck. Also, the LoPro Edge locking tremolo hardware beats the shit out of the original Floyds; they are more stable because the tremolo plate is thicker; plus, the Wizard necks are the best for metal shredding. I own a '92 USA Custom RG with DiMarzios and it is still KILLER. :) However I'd like to get EMGs, possibly an 85 for the neck and an 81 for the bridge. They are the most awesome pickups I have ever tried. Unfortunately here in the Philippines, no music store at present carry the EMG brand.

I'm a big Ibanez fan. I generally recommend the RG550 to people.
You definately get a lot for your money.
Anything under the 500 series is of lower quality though and I would try to avoid them.

Whatever guitar you buy, don't buy it at guitar center. But if you do, they'll probably thrown in a B.C. Rich for free if you buy a set of strings... The best buys are the "not as name" guitar companies. You get more for your dollar. Jacksons are decent, but you can pay the same price and probably get a little nicer out of a smaller company like ginod.