Jacksons

H4des

Jan 19, 2002
Switzerland
Visit site
Hello,

I'm going to buy a new guitar soon, and because I saw some useful threads here, I'd like to get some advice.

I'd like to get a Jackson definately..
But my budget is limited..so I cannot afford a new USA.

One possibility would be a RR-3 ( ~900.-) or a RR-5 (~ 1500.-)
What's the difference here? Why is the RR-5 so much more expensive.

But I hopefully have the possibility to buy some USED Usa-Jacksons (probably 2000.- or so).

I could try-out the used ones before I buy them...so to what do I have to pay attention when trying them out? I mean I don't want a defective guitar, since i don't have the money to repair them or to replace the pickups...

What do you recommend??

thanks a lot

Yep check ebay, I bought a sweet American Jackson for $225.00 delivered. The music store sells ones not nearly as nice for close to $1000.00. It had a couple of dings but I can live with that. $225 is a steal for the Duncan Invader and Floyd Rose alone, and the guitar just needed a setup. Spent $60.00 to have it cleaned, restrung, setup, and the intonation set. Total cost under $300.00 for a really sweet axe.

Oh and the only differences between the RR3 and the RR5 are that the RR5 is a neck through, and has different finish options, also is a string through rather than floyd'ed. Maybe pickups too.

Ebay is the way to get fucked on a guitar. Easily. And there wont be anything you can do about it when you get screwed. But a FEW of the people are honest. If a guitar has a minor nick or dent then that means it has a few and atleast one noticable one that isnt included in the pics. Be VERY VERY careful. I'd advise against ebay. there are ALOT of sites with great deals.

paddok said:
Oh and the only differences between the RR3 and the RR5 are that the RR5 is a neck through, and has different finish options, also is a string through rather than floyd'ed. Maybe pickups too.
Yup, the RR5 is neck-thru and has real Duncan pickups. The RR3 has "Duncan Designed" pickups that suck.

duncan designed arent even made in the duncan factory. i saw et the rr3 then change the pickups to your liking ( i put an EMG 81 in my RX10D, and soon ill pu tin the 85)

for some reason no Jackson I tried so far did satisfy me... I dont know, something always seems to be wrong

the first one i tried, I didnt like the feel, the second (a Warrior) was not bad, but not really what I like, too
I recently tried a KE3 Kelly, which I really liked, with one exception: it sounded muddy as hell, especially when playing fast palm-mute-riffs, you coudn`t make out single tones at all.....

but I think I wasn`t able to try a real USA-made Jackson so far, maybe thats the point.....