Guitar Repair ?

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
The new Ibanez I got a while back broke. Well, a piece on the Zr tremelo broke.
Snapped in half. The part that holds the bar, don't know what it's called. Anyhow I delt with the super mega guitar store that I bought it from. I got nowhere for until after about a month when I finally talked to the manager again. He informed me that he remembered when I first called and reported the problem and assured me that he would personally make sure it would get repaired if I brought it in.
You guys ever sent anything back to Ibanez through a dealer for repair? How long did it take? It's been nearly a month now since I took my guitar in. Is this normal in your experience?

sorry. Never had to ship a guitar back....but I bought a el-cheapo ovation guitar about 15 days ago..and suddenly the electronic pickup went south and stopped working..so now I got to go take it back....

The timing of your post here is uncanny.....and your experience is making me worry.

My pickup on my BC Rich flew out after having it for about 5 months - I had to take it back to the store and they sent it out for me. Weird how it happens at the crucial time though usually - mine went just as I needed to record!

I'm still waiting, but after reading your experiences I guess it's not anything to worry about yet. I'm lucky that I don't actually need the guitar right now since I have another one to play.

Maybe I'll hear something soon.

The Carvin factory is down south from me somewhere. I've never sent anything back to them but I've had some experience with gear from them that doesn't work as it should.

I wonder if they actually sent my guitar back to Japan or something? Wouldn't that be crazy? It only needed a little tiny part that probably costs 10 cents for them to make.

Razorjack said:
Your going to wait a LONG time, it took over 3 months for my friends repacement trem to arrive from Ibanez US.
True! I'm still waiting on my guitar. This time it's supposed to be back in my hands by this Friday. We'll see. I'm hoping!