Guitar Rig Help

deanbailey

O.C.D Member
Dec 14, 2006
Cape Town
I'm pretty new to rack multi effects/floor switchboard units.
Normally i only use the OD channel and never have to switch to clean.

So basically in my head what i plan on doing is using a TC elec. G force/major (will decide soon) with a Rev 1 for live andstudio use.
But for live i want to be able to switch between a tube screamer on the OD channel, to the effects unit on the clean channel, but bypass or switch off the tube screamer when it goes to clean channel.
in other words going from OD to clean effects without any major pauses or pushing more than one foot switch.

My question is, is there's a switchboard like the "Rocktron All Access" that allows you to push one button instead of having to switch channels using the amps foot-switch, then put off the tube screamer and then access the effects? ...and Reverse when going back to OD channel.

I might have repeated my self a few times but I'm struggling to put this into words lol Hope it makes sense.

There are also rack mounted FX loops that can be controlled by any MIDI controller; Voodoo Lab makes one, as I recall

EDIT: It's the Voodoo Lab GCX, and yeah, just to be clear, you'll definitely need to go the MIDI footcontroller route if you want one-button changes. The cool thing about the G-major is that it has the amp-switching 1/4" output, but I've heard of reliability issues and also it can't phantom power a MIDI board (so you have to run a power cable to your MIDI footcontroller). As a result, I got a Rocktron XPression, which can phantom power (7-pin MIDI) and is reliable, though it doesn't have an amp-switching output, so eventually I'm gonna get something like this for my JSx.