Guitar Strings

hmmm I use Ernie Ball 10's with a 56 on the top for my 7 string. Oh and My guitars are a Godin Artisan ST, a EB/MM John Petrucci Signature 7 string, and a Takamine electric accoustic... i forget the exact model hehe. (also on my accoustic i use 12's)

D'Addario 9-42, at present... I'm thinking about changing to 10-46, in the near future... Mainly because I'm tuning down more now-a-days and want a fuller sound...

i use d'addario 9-42....i only play in standard tuning and i like light guages coz it's easier to bend...

i play an ibanez rg570ex....awesome guitar
bit of advice: if you have a floyd rose, don't use EB slinky's...really bad for floyd roses

what i hate about light strings is that it's hard to play death metal coz when you play fast rythm stuff, the strings are to flimsy and you can't pick accurately enough

bumblefoot: you have a JP sig. model? you lucky bastard..how much did that cost you?

hehe it wasn't cheap... ended up costing me about 2 grande Canadian. But the thing is truly amazing, i haven't played a guitar as good as it yet. And yeah i went for the Piezo, and matching headstock. I got a standard color though, Pearl Redburst, so no upcharge.

here's a pic of it

jpm.jpg

I just put some D'Addario 13-56 Medium Jazz on my electric, and I can play them a lot better than when I tried like two years ago. I think I need to make the GBE strings lighter though, since it makes bending nearly impossible in standard tuning, despite sounding great...Makes clean arpeggiated riffs sound almost acoustic.

Ernie Ball heavy bottom slinky top or some shit like that.
They were the only ones left in the shop.
Generally medium gauge Ernies.

GOD! why does EVERYONE use d'addario????

not just here but everywhere. i HATE d'addario. they sound tinny and break a lot.

i use dean markleys 10 - 52

thicker strings give higher output for more gain and stuff.

better sustain and tonality too!

I use DR strings. you gotta love them! they last way longer than anything else, they have better sustain, they sound good, and they feel comfortable... if you haven't tried them i'd reccomend them to anyone!

Originally posted by Bumblefoot
hehe it wasn't cheap... ended up costing me about 2 grande Canadian. But the thing is truly amazing, i haven't played a guitar as good as it yet. And yeah i went for the Piezo, and matching headstock. I got a standard color though, Pearl Redburst, so no upcharge.

here's a pic of it

jpm.jpg

*sob* it's beautiful!

as for d'addario's...i use them because they're packed in an airtight seal...with other strings i some times find black spots on them when i open them because of bad packing