Guitar Tone Clip (Garland Amp Quadtracked)

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
The "less gain" thread got me thinking, it seems I use too much gain so I made this test using the vintage channel for 2 tracks and the modern one for another 2 tracks. Both are with less gain than I usually use. The modern channel is lower in the mix and a bit scooped, while the vintage one has more mids. I think they blended in pretty well. It's an old song I chose to retrack because it has drums and bass (both don't sound too good but anyway)
Mp3

What do you think?

Sounds good man, I'd love those settings for some of the free reamp stuff :p

First you have to buy a horrible Stagg guitar and leave the stock PUs :lol:
Once you have that, gain should be about 10 o'clock,
vintage: bass 3 o'clock , mids : noon, treble: 3 o'clock
modern: bass 11 o'clock , mids : 3o'clock, treble: 3 o'clock

Ok, I'll PM you an mp3, because I really feel I'm still not doing justice both to the amp and the cab. Apartment recordings :ill:

That's a comment common for pretty much every of his products but he insists on keeping every amp custom, which I think is actually cool. It's a pity you have to wait months or at least a couple of months for your amp but you get your very own amp with unique features and exterior. Thanks for the nice words :kickass: cheers

ever thought about creating some impulses with this set up ?
pritty sure they would sound friggin awesome man !

Anyways just a thought, (hint) dont you go rushing away creating impulses for all us cab-less goons haha :zombie:

Well, these clips ARE with impulses ( GuitarHack's ). As for my cab, it's really not going to produce great impulses in this shitty room or the iso booth, and volume is an issue, as well.

The person who made it asked me not to tell because every amp he makes is unique and its price may vary a lot. Anyway, it was very cheap for what it is :)

No eq on the guitars, just C4 with settings pretty similar to Andy's preset.

Of course there's a bit of post processing going on - Izotope Ozone 3's multiband dynamics and loudness maximizer, but again no eq.

In case you don't know I can reamp your di files for free and they will sound just as good and probably better because I'm using a crappy Stagg guitar with stock PUs. Check out my thread and if you end up being happy with my service you can support the site by buying merch so that more killer amps/preamps will be available in the future.