ManuelMateus

Apr 10, 2010
I have tried to create a decent guitar tone but without success
please listen , I hope someone can give me some advice on where I can improve
the sound,
I not have the means to record this in a studio with a real amp
i looking that is sound more focus

this is the guitarr with no efectes, i think its sound normal

this is the guitarra using the TES808 vst pedal, drive off,volume and tone to the max

here is where I think I'm doing stupid things, why the sound is too aggressive, when I use the cab vst paulin Legion

finally i use a vsi impuse of a mesa amp

the sound is not focus, its a very confusing distorion, what you think
this is my chainhttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/803/pluginso.jpg/

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to use the red channel, and let the tone to 12~14 'oclock on the tse808.
Also, you might want to decrease the drive from the legion til you get some crunchy tone, and then use the drive from the tse808 to increase the drive.
What impulse are you using? (same bitrate as project too?)
There are loads of awesome pulses arround here, (free) like catharsis, godscab.
You can also get Clark Kent's matched eq impulses, but I think they might sound strange sometimes.
And, of course, some guys sells pulses, like lolgreg (which ones i'll buy soon)

Well, I think you should have posted this on 'rate my mix' session
Cheers!

For a start turn the TS808 off until you find the right tone with the amp, otherwise it's going to colour things if you haven't got it set up right.

Then in the amp turn to the red channel and turn off tone stack if it's just adding mud. Then mess with your amp EQ a bit, it's just all left slightly? Learn how to use the amps settings first. Also try a new impulse if the tone is still lacking and be sure your guitar didn't have the tone nob all the way down when you recorded otherwise that will of course make it sound muddy.

Once you have the right tone, engage the TS808 and mess with the settings until it sounds good.

thanks , turn off the pedal and use a catharsis IR improve the sound, iwill put the mix after recording the tracks at rate my mix secion.