Guitar tones existential questions... (EVH 5150 III content)

Your amp sounds better than mine in my ears. After hearing it some times with the betaIR you could turn down the presence a tad. maybe around 5-7. 8 could be too much in a mix after all. The presence knob seems to act differently on Mki and iii.
Have a break for some days and get silence to your ears. Then hear other records and try again :)

Yes. Although we can see if a raw sound can give good results or not once mixed, the context is fundamental.

BTW, I didn't stop thinking to my shitty tones hehe.. My chain is: x amp or guitar > amp > Kosch load box > PRE73 then IRs in PT. Maybe the signal doesn't have to go into the PRE73 because the IRs has been made using preamps..? Or perhaps the PRE73 adds a color I don't like? Anyway, I still have to try and see as I'm not at home right now.

With the right setting and a great IR (e.g. JakeBeta) it doesn't sound shitty at all.
Maybe the Pre adds something you don't like but i guess you focused too much on something negligible. Every single sample you posted was far from beeing fizzy/harsh or whatever. The whole thing reminds me of as your ears are trained wrong and you/your ears have to learn "hearing" again. Dunno how to describe it better...Just like if you would have always listen on HiFI subwoofer alike headphones and then you wonder why your sound has so less bass when using studio monitors and you crank the bass to ten :D