Guitar trick

_FollowTheReaper_

Alt Lys Er Svunnet Hen
Jan 2, 2005
France
www.myspace.com
I was wondering what is the way to do a trick alexi uses sometimes. I've heard it (can't check right now) in Children Of Bodom, before the neoclassical part, in the Kissing The Shadows solo, and many other times i can't remember now :p. It sounds like a very very fast picking and from what I've seen alexi's got his hand really near the floyd.
Well if no one gets what I mean (hard to explain when not an english natvie ;)), ill check the songs and give you exact timing.
Thx.

Is it sweep picking? In sweep picking, the subject 'rakes' the strings with the pick gently while fingering arpeggio patterns with the left hand. Can get insanely fast, like rusty cooley....

BloodyScalpel said:
Is it sweep picking? In sweep picking, the subject 'rakes' the strings with the pick gently while fingering arpeggio patterns with the left hand. Can get insanely fast, like rusty cooley....

No ;) it isnt sweeping, it doesnt last a lotta time. He doesnt pick the string, he hits it or i dunno and it sounds like a very very fast picking.

Have you ever thought it might just be very very fast picking? :lol:
I'll check Children of Bodom now, gimme a sec....anyway, what do you mean by 'neoclassical part'? the one with patterns after the harpsichord?

He does it right in front of the camera in a live in tuska 2002 video. (2002 I think??) I forgot which song it was though. I think it was in Downfall, during the breakdown in the middle of the song where he starts playing the intro riff again. My harddrive died on me so I don't have the video anymore to check.

He might be ringing natural harmonics and applying pressure on and off the trem really fast by smacking it. that's my best guess.

@BloodyScalpel: No no no chainek is right, and it's just after the long rhytmic part, but i dunno bout the CD i know he did it live... can't check right now not on my comp neither @ home.

Yeah but it seemed like repeated notes(I don't know the name in english, perhaps it's trill?), with a two note bend at the end.

You can do the "trick" by pressing your floyd all the way down and then just let go of it and let it bump up. First just play a note. It might not work with a licenced floyd, or atleast not with my floyd, but with an edge or an original or something better. Nobody probably understood, but that's your problem.....

SymbolicChaos said:
You can do the "trick" by pressing your floyd all the way down and then just let go of it and let it bump up. First just play a note. It might not work with a licenced floyd, or atleast not with my floyd, but with an edge or an original or something better. Nobody probably understood, but that's your problem.....

I think you're right... like when you press a ruler down and let it smack on a table ... if this makes it clearer :D

Yeah he's fluttering the tremelo. In the Tuska 2003 video he just swings it around in circles with a bit of force downwards, creating the same effects but multiple times.

The good part is I still have no idea of what are you talking about :lol:
Someone plz tell me a song where this stuff happens, and give the exact timing or such. Perhaps I found it was too normal to be noticed o_O