• Washburn

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Hofner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7 long days, and it's done!!! It's called The Raven 7.
raven project 16.jpg

WOO HOO!!! I've been designing this for weeks and finally began the building process last week. I've never taken on such a big project before. It was SOOOO worth it!

Here's the link to the whole project slideshow. It's only 18 images, so it doesn't take long.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/Rustr-7/?action=view&current=55b5dd73.pbw

SRS

Nice guitar. I love original guitars, great shape. What neck did you use, or did you make it yourself? How does it sound?

It started out as a brand new Washburn WG-587 neck. I milled and polished the frets after doing the scallop. It's really a nice neck...now.

As for sound...WOW! It sounds huge! It has way better sustain than my Ibanez 7620s do. I'm sure it'll get even better as the glues and lacquer get harder. I'm really surprised and happy with it.

Thanks.

SRS

The Telecaster looks really nice!

I'm more of a Les Paul man, but I just ordered a Squier strat for some maple-neck, singlecoil, trem-bar fun, because I got it for so cheap.
The Standard series is SO much better than the horrible Affinity series.

187213.jpg

The Telecaster looks really nice!

I'm more of a Les Paul man, but I just ordered a Squier strat for some maple-neck, singlecoil, trem-bar fun, because I got it for so cheap.
The Standard series is SO much better than the horrible Affinity series.

187213.jpg

Yeah, those are fun to play :D

I played a pacifica once, didn't like it... it somehow felt like plastic, you know? But there's probably differences between models in those too. And it's all a matter of taste anyway.

It started out as a brand new Washburn WG-587 neck. I milled and polished the frets after doing the scallop. It's really a nice neck...now.

As for sound...WOW! It sounds huge! It has way better sustain than my Ibanez 7620s do. I'm sure it'll get even better as the glues and lacquer get harder. I'm really surprised and happy with it.

Thanks.

SRS

Very cool! Congratulations. I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Why even bother sacrificing the other guitar? I mean, you ended up having to rout the pickup cavities anyhow, right? Was it about the neck join?

2. What's the balance like on that (sitting and standing with the strap)?

3. I noticed in the headstock shaping pic that it seemed like you were going for 7 tuners in a row but missed. What happened? I like the way it ended up, incidentally.

I've only built an acoustic, but I'm dying to design an electric someday. Great job, I'm totally jealous! It would be cool to hear some audio samples if you can manage to post them.

Very cool! Congratulations. I have a few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Why even bother sacrificing the other guitar? I mean, you ended up having to rout the pickup cavities anyhow, right? Was it about the neck join?

Exactly. I don't have all the jigs and technology (knowledge) to make a proper neck or neck joint. I ended up changing the depth and pitch of the neck joint anyway, but having the straight line set for me was invaluable.

2. What's the balance like on that (sitting and standing with the strap)?

It's amazingly balanced. The long horn on the top and the extra wood on the bottom side make it hang beautifully. I very, very rarely play sitting down, but it seems to sit on the leg very well.

3. I noticed in the headstock shaping pic that it seemed like you were going for 7 tuners in a row but missed. What happened? I like the way it ended up, incidentally.

That was intentional too. The headstock was originally 7 on a side. I cut through the 6th hole to get the shape I wanted, then repositioned the E, B and G pegs. I filled the #6 hole with epoxy putty.

I've only built an acoustic, but I'm dying to design an electric someday. Great job, I'm totally jealous! It would be cool to hear some audio samples if you can manage to post them.

Will do. I'll be recording some stuff next week and I'll post some samples. I'll try to show the tonal variations. I have a custom wiring setup that allows me to get all my tones from one guitar. I hate switching guitars during a gig.

Thanks for the questions. I love talking guitars!

SRS