Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Hofner

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Yamaha

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I found a nice offer of this http://www.prsguitars.com/secustomsh/index.html

I'm willing to buy it, can anyone tell me how good it is? Also, what about the semi-hollow? How does it affect the sound? I'm not really an expert, so I'm counting on you :) be sure that I can play it though, I've just been playing electric for 6 months but i have been playing classical for 7 years, I'm just not really good at speedpicking (the fastest thing I can play i guess is December Flower solo by In Flames or the intro to Chaos by Ayreon)

Here ya go! This really shows the natural tone of the guitar. Very nice and warm. I wish he would have cranked up the gain, but you can tell it sounds beautiful.

I just wish PRS would make a production 7 string!

SRS

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Yeah I saw the vid, I just wish he put some more gain too... My main concern is that I can't actually try it, and I don't know how it sound with a nice, heavy distortion, like, say, Opeth's

Unfortunately, nobody's going to be able to tell you how it'll feel to you. Is there a Guitar Center anywhere close to you? The only way to know is to put your hands on it. Anyone else will only be able to give you their opinion.

SRS

Unfortunately, nobody's going to be able to tell you how it'll feel to you. Is there a Guitar Center anywhere close to you? The only way to know is to put your hands on it. Anyone else will only be able to give you their opinion.

SRS

Unfortunately, no guitar center near. Though, I read some comments here and there and everybody says it's fantastic to play, and it's lightweight. This might be an advantage for me, since I'm still in the habit of playing my classical, which is REALLY much lighter than the electric. I'll let you know wheter I decide to buy it. Thanks for the comments anyway :)

EDIT: a comment on youtube says: "Can it rock? Oh yeah, it can rock. I've played one, it can even shred no problem (I play a lot of Dream Theater). It's not feedback-prone like a lot of semi-hollow guitars. Probably because it's such a small and thin body, but that's one of the most versatile guitars I've played. Meaner jazz, fusion, bluesy, clean, rock, metal, and shred..."

has anyone played a schecter C-7 hellraiser? Iv never played one so just wanting some opinions.

I have one, and I have owned for almost two years now.

It is an awesome guitar for the money! You get real EMG's, TonePro's, Grover's etc.

The neck is thick when compared to Ibanez necks, but the shape of the neck is very comfortable so it won't get in your way. For people with small hands, or for people who are used to Ibanez's necks, then it might be something to get used to.

The 26,5" scale is nice, since it is very easy to get used to and it offers a bit more string tension.

The only things that I don't like about this guitar are the upper fret access and the top of the body should be contoured.

But overall it is a great guitar!

Ibanez and Washburn

I play an SZ320. I am putting some Seymour Duncans in their within the next month or so, which should sound sweet

I've also got a 1976 Ibanez strat copy, which I got for free and made even better with a Seymour Duncan Hotrails.

My newest guitar is a Washburn Maverick. I've put a Seymour Duncan Custom Custom in there, and an Ibanez Edge III tremelo. It's also purple, with silver sparkles. Pretty brutal I must say.

I've played my mate's PRS, and it's fucking awesome.

I play a PRS Custom 24 20th Anniversary Edition, $2823 american.
I got it may 2006. Absolutely beautiful fucking guitar, best sound i've ever heard from any instrument. Solo's soar on Custom 24's worth every penny.

n1227600447_30146236_808.jpg

This is mine, i'm playing with my band sono vivo. The 20th anniversary were a limited run, and i think mine is priced a little over 3,000 now... I don't think i'll ever leave this guitar. It's in Gray Black.

Another edit: The difference is mostly in the birds... If you look, the birds split up and behind them are streaks of mother of pearl that make it look like wind behind the birds.

Hey, Kenneth, is your Alvarez classical a Yairi model? I have a Yairi and it's amazing. Beautiful looking and sounding.

My Axes:

Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 Reissue
Memphis strat copy (my 1st p.o.s. guitar)
Alvarez Yairi Classical
Ibanez Artwood acoustic
Handmade acoustic (almost complete...playable, but not yet done)
Washburn bass (entry level p.o.s.)
Mahalo ukulele
a handmade charango from Ecuador

man I wish it was. It's a lower end one. I've got a Hawaiian Style ukelele. I'd love to get my hands on a sitar and a mandolin

The funny thing about my Yairi is that I got it in the 90's on a half off post xmas sale at a little music shop. It might have been used (very gently if it was), but they didn't mention it. I got it for $300! I've seen mine, from the year I got it (widely considered to be some of the strongest models) for about $1200 or so. And up. I had no idea what I was getting. And it's just gotten better with age. Some dings here and there, but, hey, it's a guitar, not a museum piece.

God damn Leecs those are some awsome guitars. I see you got your JP model signed... Nice :) Is that a high end JP model? The missing piezo and the dot inlays confuses me a little, but it sure looks good.

Wish I could meet Petrucci so he could sign my Ibanez.

What Stratocaster is that?

Here is a picture of the guitar Im playing at the moment.

It was the first guitar that my brother ever made. Since then he has built two more, a telecaster copy for a friend and a steel string acoustic.

This guitar is made of River Redgum and uses a carvin neck. I have more pictures of the above guitars if anyone is interested.

Here is a link to more of my brothers guitars

http://img118.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img118/702/12019361389em.smil