Guns and Roses

'I used to love her, but I had to kill her, I had to keep her, she's buried right in my back yard'...

ahhh Guns n Roses
those were the days!!

i recently played the UYI cds to reminisce, and theres still some damn good tunes on there!
Coma is still a great song, and Estranged, and theres a few others that still have some value today and arent tooo cheesy..
but for the most part its 80s metal (although it leaked into the early 90s)... and should be left there!
Axl's voice is kinda annoying nowadays... slash's guitar work is limited... etc etc...

But yeh i have no embarrassment about still owning GNR cds, or putting them on once in a while!

When I first heard Welcome To The Jungle, I could only think that this was going to be a great band.

But then I was greatly dissapointed.

Oh well, to each his own.

They're one of the only mainstream rock bands with that orchestral sound (at least the later stuff). I love them. They've got like 3 or 4 good songs on each album, so I made a mix CD for Dune_666 for Valentine's Day (I know, gag :p). Now I've got to borrow back the CD to make a copy, hehe. :rolleyes:

I just listened to a GNR song - The Garden.

I forgot how good that song was (and I like Alice Cooper's voice in this also). Now I'm up to 2 songs. :)

Originally posted by Towelie
What are your thoughts on Guns and Roses before that weird Spaghetti Incident CD? I personally still love to break out the old GNR CDs every once in a while.

Since you mentioned Spaghetti Incident... I always like the Deadboys cover, "Ain't It Fun."

(and it came on orange vinyl, which was cool)

Originally posted by Misanthrope

Doesnt it hurts? ive seen those bypass operations it looks like it would hurt to play with your heart.

"10 seconds romantacised,
Synthesized
Broken heart strings plaaaayed"

mm there's a Carcass quote for every occasion methinks:p

Yeh Spagetti Incident blew, but at least it got me introduced to NAZARETH man!!! 'Hair of the Dog' is one truly metal song! But G 'n R had to change the words. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love GNR.

Slash is one of my favourite guitarist ever (and pick up that flamenco CD he did :devil: : true class), and Axl can write.

They also quit while on top, which is very cool.

I NEVER understood all the hype that went with GNR.

Axl cannot sing - unless you consider putting a cat in a blender singing.
Slash was and is a fucking joke. His guitar playing reminds me of the typical drunk idiot that hangs out at the bar every night playing the same bullshit blues riffs over and over. He SUCKS, this is why his little solo band didn't last long.

I can't believe GNR was even mentioned on the Opeth forum. I would have preferred being kicked in the balls.

Nature is cruel and merciless.

Originally posted by godisanathiest

Hence you ending up the way you are ;) :p :D

Yeah clearly!!!

Although, kicking him (*** HARD ***) in the balls, would be even better.

I still listen to both Use You Illusions albums, and they are probably two of my favorite3 rock CD's of all time. There is some truly great songwriting on these, and the structures/composition of a lot of tunes are a very refreshing break from your average rock band. And I also happen to think Slash's solo's are amazingly tasteful....:eek: