Guns and Roses

Any of you hear or seen any boots of the new band? Now this is a band.. I agree, in the old days Axl used his scratchy whisky drinking voice, I didn't like it.. now his voice is clean and AMAZING.. better than ever. Slash had his signature sound but after a few songs, blah, nothing great. Now someone like Buckethead, Holy S**t.. pick up Praxis Metatron or the Cobra Strike albums.. that's some heavy riffs. This band blows the old band away and is gonna be huge. If you wanna learn more check out my website, and join the forum. I was at the 2 Las Vegas shows last month so I have seen w/ my own eyes and heard w/ my own ears. Now I don't know what you will think of the "new band" but I can tell they blow any band out there off the stage.

www.gnrx.com

GnR have always been a great band in my opinion. I can't wait until the new stuff arrives (if it arrives at all....)

Buckethead sounds rather interesting. Still, I love the emotion Slash seemed to be able to render through his guitar.

I have a few mp3s that I listen to pretty frequently, and I used to love UYI I and II.

Slash can write a more memorable solo than any other typical 80s guitarist, and do it with his hair in his face, while piss-drunk and with a cigarette burning to the filter in his mouth.

Axl may whine, but he does know how to write. Estranged and Coma are by far my favourite GnR songs, but I also really like Rocket Queen, Breakdown, Civil War, the last half of UYI 1, and playing both versions of Don't Cry at the same time..

The new stuff...well I'm worried. Robin Finck (NIN's live guitarist) is replacing Slash, and.. I mean he's good and all, but REALLY. You can't replace Slash! You just can't!

"Got your mind in submission got your
life on the line, but nobody pulled the
trigger, they just stepped aside
they be down by the water while you
watch 'em waving goodbye
they be callin in the morning they be
hangin' on the phone, they be waitin'
for an answer but you know nobody's
home. And when the bell stops ringing
it was nobody's fault but your own.
There was always ample warnings
there were always subtle signs
and you would have seen 'em comin
but we gave you too much time
and when you said that no one's listenin'
why'd your best friend drop a dime
sometimes we get so tired of waiting for
a way to spend our time
and it's so easy to be social
it's so easy to be cool
yeah it's easy to be hungry
when you ain't got shit to lose..."

He's no Akerfeldt, but I think it's pretty nifty writing. so poo on you :D

Originally posted by Duvall

The new stuff...well I'm worried. Robin Finck (NIN's live guitarist) is replacing Slash, and.. I mean he's good and all, but REALLY. You can't replace Slash! You just can't!

Buckethead has replaced Sl*sh.. Buckethead will become thee Guitar God.. everyone will forget about Sl*sh. If it was the old band it would be nothing more than a nostalgia act.. Axl has brought his vision of what Guns N' Roses should be into the present.. this band is amazing.

Check out my video page (if you have Real Player) I have streaming video and audio. Join the forum if it interests you. Be sure to check out Madagascar (new song) .. trust me, if you have an open mind, this band will not dissapoint you.. they just blow the old band away, simple as that. Add the fact that talent wise the old band is not in the same league..

Even if you favor the old band, think of it this way... when this band hits, everything out there in the mainstream will be realized for what it is, just a buncha crap.. Creed, Limp Bizkit and the rest of them, it's going to be an awakening for the youth.