guys, need some opinions FAST (another female fronted song)

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
i'm mixing this song right now. it's the second one of my new bands demo (check my latest thread for the other one).
unfortunately, recording schedules and deadlines are forcing me to finish this one TONIGHT. probably not a good idea, but i have no choice.
anyways, after working on this for the whole day (finished tracking vocals just a few hours ago) my ears are completely shot.

please, lend me your ears on this one. i really need some objective opinions right now.

link:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1296348/INCEPTION/Inception - So In Trouble Final.mp3

thanks a lot

not to fond of that snare, but thats just me. the vocals could come up, and are they high passed?

the song is really cool but i think it would be much better with screaming male vocals, well i just don't like woman singing :lol:
the guitars sound really nice to me, bassdrum is nice also, the snare sounds kinda dull but i think it'S just my personal taste.
clean part is cool, like the detuned effect.

cheers
S.

instrumentally, the mix is pretty much done. maybe some minor automation tweaks but nothing fancy. this is the exact same mix template as the other (already finished) song on the demo.
i'm mainly concerned about the vocal production here. effects, levels, that kinda stuff.

I think all the single part vocals need to come up a db or two. All the big harmony stacks sound nice, but the rest gets lost a bit, especially the whispering section.

yep, my thoughts exactly. matter of fact, just turned up the whisper section during the clean part.
during the distorted bridge the whispers should be somewhat buried/spacy, that's intentional. but especially the "do you like it like that" during the clean section was way too quiet on regular speakers.
sometimes i hate monitors, you got to make everything super obvious in order for it to be audible on lesser speakers. it was crystal clear (quiet, but clear....but then again i want to give the listener the impression that she's whispering right in your ear, and naturally that's not exactly loud hehe) on my adams.