H.E.A.T. courtesy of Sweden...

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
Wow, these guys are becoming my new heroes! LOL They actually look and act like a rock band! I'm so tired of seeing our American bands look like a bunch of frat boys that picked up playing an instrument! :rolleyes: Anyone else ever heard of or a fan of this band?

~Brian~

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes!!!
They actually just won the Swedish prelims to the Eurovision Song Contest. Same thing that Lordi won a few years back.
Am pretty sure H.E.A.T toured with Sabaton in Sweden this last year. A buddy is a huge fan and I believe he saw them live with Sabaton three or four times.

Pretty good band. Kinda reminds me of Europe pre - Final Countdown. When Europe were good that is... :)

sounds like good rock band to me. never heard of them until now.

Apparently, they have a solid following over seas. I just hope that this type of music and image can catch on over here again. I'm just tired of the doom and gloom crap, especially since everything is doom and gloom in the world. It's time for some good time, hair flingin', party rock!

Yes!!!
They actually just won the Swedish prelims to the Eurovision Song Contest. Same thing that Lordi won a few years back.
Am pretty sure H.E.A.T toured with Sabaton in Sweden this last year. A buddy is a huge fan and I believe he saw them live with Sabaton three or four times.

Pretty good band. Kinda reminds me of Europe pre - Final Countdown. When Europe were good that is... :)

I agree about the Europe comparison. You're correct about them touring with Sabaton and I've read where they opened for Alice Cooper and Toto as well.

~Brian~

I have some friends here that are crazy about them. They travelled to England for Firefest, met them and are supposedly very nice guys to boot.

Europe can keep this crap, we had enough of this panty waist tripe in the '80's to last a dozen lifetimes. And that's not to say that our current crop of "frat-boys" picking up instruments are doing anything better, cuz they're not.

So....not knowing their overseas popularity, which band was the headliner? I don't see how each band's basic fanbase would be able to stand the other's...

Regardless, these guys sound great and I'd buy their product. Of course, I love all that 80's melodic rock sound stuff, too....

So....not knowing their overseas popularity, which band was the headliner? I don't see how each band's basic fanbase would be able to stand the other's...

Regardless, these guys sound great and I'd buy their product. Of course, I love all that 80's melodic rock sound stuff, too....

Sabaton was the headliner.
Regarding the fanbases not being able to stand each other.... I think people in Sweden are a little less sensitive to "sticking to their genre" than people are here. My buddy who went to the shows to see H.E.A.T is the biggest Dark Tranquiity fan ever born, and has no shame in supporting a "cheesy" 80's metal band. Maybe a little more respect for (good) music overall.