Hahaha another shopping spree

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Today I got one CD:

Slaughter - The Wild Life ($6)
This rocks! But to many ballads and sound effects/guitar effects... needs to rock out more overall... but the songs that rock really rock!!!

And I got 5 vinyls:

Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls ($4)
Awesome album! Mint condition... can't go wrong really! GO THE CRUE!!!

Dokken - Back For The Attack ($4)
Another great album!!! Cover is in mint condition and record only skips at the start of Kiss of Death, otherwise perfect.

Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith ($4)
Classic album... not much else to say really!

Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime ($6)
OH... MY.... GOD!!!!!!!! I'd only heard a couple of songs from this... this thing is a masterpiece!!!!!!!

Vinnie Vincent - Invasion ($6)
Ex-Kiss guitarist... excellent glam album! Really bad vocals... but this is one of the most non-stop energy fuelled glam albums I've ever heard! And his guitar work is top-notch!!! Flashy, catchy, fast and not too excessive like Malmsteen, etc.

Overall, a good haul!!!

Gotta go back there next week I think for the 2nd Vinnie album now.... and I forgot to get Priest - Point Of Entry... and I think I'll also pick up Def Leppard - Hysteria for $4, already have it on CD but its the only 80s Leppard album I don't have on vinyl so I'd might as well get it heh :)

I had that Slaughter album. Got it for free from a mate. I thought it was boring so I sold it for about 3USD.

And Mark is right, Dana Strum and Mark Slaughter formed Salughter after quitting Vinnie Vincent's Invasion.

Actually Mark is wrong hehe....

Dana Strum is on the album yes... but Mark Slaughter didn't join Vinnie Vincent Invasion until the 2nd album "All Systems Go"... however the singer on this album (can't remember his name) has that exact same really high whiny baby voice :)

Then after All Systems Go they kicked out Vinnie from his own band and changed the name LOL! Poor bloke.

The problem with the Slaughter album is too many ballads/slow songs.... it needs more songs like Reach The Sky, The Wild Life and Shake This Place.... but Real Love is an AWESOME ballad!

Mark Slaughter sang a song on the Working Man Rush tribute album... can't remember off the top of my head which song it was, though! Not sure where the CD is either... hmm...

Here we go! He sang on Anthem - did quite well, too, but then I suppose if anyone was going to try and impersonate Geddy Lee, he'd be the perfect person to do so :)

Other people on this particular album, if anyone's interested, are:

Sebastian Bach
Fates Warning
Stuart Hamm
Jake E. Lee
James Labrie
George Lynch
Steve Morse
James Murphy
John Petrucci
Mike Portnoy
Billy Sheehan
Devin Townsend

Originally posted by The Trooper
Actually Mark is wrong hehe....

Well, he asked if Mark Slaughter sang for VVI, and indeed it was - therefore I was RIGHT! Don't mess wit' me, ballad boy!! :p :D

I went on wee shopping spree yesterday, and bought:

Dungeon - Resurrection
Creed - Weathered
Creed - Human Clay
Various - Identity 7 (Century Media sampler thing)
Various - Metal for the Brain 2001

Originally posted by Spiff
Creed - Weathered
Creed - Human Clay

:headbang: !!! You know the best bit? Creeds first album is the best, so if you like those 2, you are gonna love the first one :)

Well, I've been listening to Weathered a lot since I bought it, and I think I've only listened to Human Clay once. The opening track to Weathered is absolutely brilliant and blew me away when I first heard it - so unlike the other stuff I'd heard of theirs (Higher, With Arms Wide Open and My Sacrifice).

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
hmm, thats a matter of opinion Spawny, their debut is great, but I think I prefer "Human Clay". :p

Really? Human Clay is great, but stuff like Torn and Unforgiven on the first cd are just awesome! Plus One and Whats this life for are great as well.
But having said that, Human Clay is also great, and you cant go wrong with any of their albums :)

...when you list all the great songs off "My Own Prison" you realise just how good it is, but I'm still going to stick with "Human Clay". It is just the most consistant, and I enjoy every track (even tho I now tend to skip "With Arms Wide Open" and "Higher" as I've heard them a thousand times). "Weathered" is also great, but my first impressions are that it isn't as consistant as "Human Clay". :)

Trooper: Is Nitro the band with guy who has the 4 necked Guitar in the x formation? whichever band that it,the picture i saw is the definative 80's Glam picture,it embodied everything 80's,in just 4 guitar necks,yes boys and girls,4.

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Spawny, your forgetting the best track from their debut, which is also probably my fav Creed song, "Ode". :D

:headbang: :headbang: that song rules :D

Weathered is good, but im a little disappointed, its nowhere near as heavy as Human Clay except for bullets and signs :(

Troops, the singer's name on the first VVI album was Robert Fleischmann (ex Journey). He'd left by the time they made a video for "Boyz Are Gonna Rock", so Mark Slaughter lip-synched to his vocals and went on to sing lead on "All Systems Go" (1988)
Robert came back for Vinnie's 1996 EP "Euphoria", which (if you haven't already heard it) kicks serious bottom.

I like the first Invasion album, but it's ruined by overproduction and overplaying. Most of those songs were originally demos from the time Vinnie spent with KISS. They would all have sounded better on Creatures and Lick It Up, because Vinnie needs someone like Paul or Gene to reel him in and stop him going apeshit when it's time for a solo :). Listen to VVI again and tell me if you can find a single lead break that has anything to do with the riff being played behind it.

"Hi, I'm Vinnie Vincent and today I'm going to teach you how to ruin a good song by showing off and shredding your brains out."

W