hair metal bands with talent

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
Most 80's hair metal bands sucked IMO, bunch of idiots who only tried to cash in with the success of rock in the 80s... however, there were a few hair metal bands who actually had talent. The first that comes to mind is Dokken, with Lynch on the guitar and Dokken on the vocals they were quite good... any others?

Niklas said:
motley crue were legendary,

iron maiden (if you class them as hair metal, some do) were also great
Maiden's not hair metal, not at all, 99% of rock bands in the 80s wore tight clothes and long hair, that doesn\t make them hair metal.

Esteban said:
Maiden's not hair metal, not at all, 99% of rock bands in the 80s wore tight clothes and long hair, that doesn\t make them hair metal.

I agree, but I have heard them referred to as hair metal, which is quite annoying!

Bon Jovi, if they count(very sound band composition-wise)

Van Halen

Def Leppard

80's Pantera

Yngwie Malmsteen

Pat Benatar

That's all I can think of...

anonymousnick2001 said:
Bon Jovi, if they count(very sound band composition-wise)

Van Halen

Def Leppard

80's Pantera

Yngwie Malmsteen

Pat Benatar

That's all I can think of...
Totally disagree with malmsteen and pantera, not hair metal at all

Dokken, Crue, Badlands, Impellitteri, Krokus(had their moments), WASP(also had some great material), Buckcherry(basically newer band, but had the act down), Guns N Roses(at least their debut, was great), Faster Pussycat(their debut is worth a spin), Kix(buy a compilation, they either had excellent oldschool tracks or shit), Lynch Mob(basically Dokken Jr.), Jackyl(you'll only need their first record...), Whitesnake( see Kix), Saigon Kick(excellent debut record, then it was all down hill from there), Extreme(see Kix), Tesla(very consistent band), Great White(see Kix), Cinderella(see Tesla) & Bang Tango(check out Psycho Cafe')the most underrated band from the 80's that should have been as huge as Bon Jovi or KISS at the time Black N Blue(they have issued a great compilation on them in 2002, look it up) I'm sure there a couple more I missed...