Halcyon Way For The Preparty!

While I enjoyed the Halcyon Way set at the PP5 preparty, I think that was enough for me. One band that I would like to see back from that year though, was Magistral.

Well with that Lineup I agree. We were done. That's why we added an additional guitarist Zane, who used to sing for Cauldron Born. So we have a new lineup ( a new drummer by next year) a new record coming out and 3 part harmony. We sound bigger and better. And I won't be as nervous this as I was at PP5. :kickass:

Remember to ask for us by name!

hwBanner.gif

Sean really was nervous at pp5. It was his 2nd show with us...the first....Let's just say that it was practice. Wasn't that the ill-fated gig on the ramp at the skatepark where the promoter didn't have a PA and we had to bring our rehearsal one? Oh, sorry - we had to LEAVE THE VENUE and GET our PA because we showed up for load in and they had a radio shack POS. This will be on the behind the music. We've probably done 30 shows since and we guarantee to knock your head off live. =)

They played "Sunglasses at Night" at my going away party... but then again, It wasn't a very happy time for me during that song, I drunkenly destroyed my sunglasses while trying to put them on, I got pissed, stomped them, and then fell over and Sean had to keep from laughing so that he could keep singing.

Brent

Question for the Halcyon Way guys.....did you get the band-name from the street of the same name, in Lawrenceville? I drove past it tonight. :lol: :lol:

You know I don't know, I wasn't in the band when they came up with in. Jon came up with it. Only he knows for sure. I will ask him again and repost. Or I'll just have him post and put this to bed once and for all.

You know I don't know, I wasn't in the band when they came up with in. Jon came up with it. Only he knows for sure. I will ask him again and repost. Or I'll just have him post and put this to bed once and for all.

I thought you are the one that told me that, maybe it was Jon when we were driving around downtown Athens looking for earplugs for my show...

Probably him then. I remember you told me you saw the same sign though. But I don't remember saying that was the one. I remember saying it might be, and that Jon is the only one that knows the answer to that.

Well it doesn't look like we will be playing The Pre-Party now called "The Showcase". We just don't have the juice. But Shayne is creating a great product but I think local and unsigned bands will have a hard time competing with returning artists from previous years. But that is the nature of the business. But I really can't think of too many festivals that a band at our level could get in front of hundreds of people and have them hear their music. I guess I'll have to sponsor a band to get backstage. I've said it before and I'll say it again- "Our band members have day jobs, we will out spend the competition."

Yes, the name was from the street in L'Ville - I used to live right down the road from there and when we were naming the band, I was like "that sounds cool" so I looked up the word Halcyon....it means "peace or tranquility" so I thought that worked. We want our music to have something positive to say and it just seemed to fit. And, I couldn't think of anything cool with the word "krunk" in it.