Halcyon Way For The Preparty!

"Just Remember, We have Day Jobs... WE WILL OUTSPEND YOU!"

Haha, greatest quote from a stage ever...

Yeah I was a bit miffed that night. But they got the point. But that's alright we are going back in the lab to create new music for the next album. Which is what really matters. We already have 3 songs written on what will possibly be a concept record. But nothing as grandiose as something like MindCrime. So stay tuned.

Oh, quit being cagey. We know it's going to be a concept album. It's just not going to be as much of a story as something like Mindcrime. It's shaping up to be a concept album in the sense that all the songs are thematically linked. It's gonna be great fun and will piss many people off. =)

Well it doesn't look like we will be playing The Pre-Party now called "The Showcase". We just don't have the juice. But Shayne is creating a great product but I think local and unsigned bands will have a hard time competing with returning artists from previous years. But that is the nature of the business. But I really can't think of too many festivals that a band at our level could get in front of hundreds of people and have them hear their music. I guess I'll have to sponsor a band to get backstage. I've said it before and I'll say it again- "Our band members have day jobs, we will out spend the competition."
A "Showcase Show"??? I think that sucks, I would rather see a few cool bands and some local acts from Atlanta. The Pre-Party was something special to me, because it was like that...Now, it sounds like just another Pre-ProgPower Progpower. If progpower wants to have more "big name" acts they should add a day to the actual event!

We should just have a Southern ProgPower with Halcyon Way, A Lower Deep, Devane and Theocracy maybe a couple of weeks before Progpower Power to get the locals rev'ed up...

hrmmmm ... :err: *points at fly new banner*

well I wouldn't want to take anything away from what Shane and Glen are providing the community, and I wouldn't want to be-smudge the ProgPower name, but I would consider a late Spring fest of some sort. We should all talk. :Smug: I already have a couple of choices for venues.

hrmmmm ... :err: *points at fly new banner*

well I wouldn't want to take anything away from what Shane and Glen are providing the community, and I wouldn't want to be-smudge the ProgPower name, but I would consider a late Spring fest of some sort. We should all talk. :Smug: I already have a couple of choices for venues.

Well I don't hardly think anything WE would come up with would compete or compare to PP. Besides Lower Deep means for Locals only, not national. I don't think anyone would get upset if it was the same night. There would be no comparison. But I am game. I'm sure we could get something together.
The venue is the important thing here. You all have my contact info, so Holla.

That's a great idea!! I wonder if someone could get Progpower to market it a bit or at least mention it on there page!!

I didn't mean to sound like I was looking down on Progpower...I just think they are talking Atlanta out of the show!!

Halcyon Way would make a great addition to the Showcase, but alas its already been decided I assume.

On another note:

Eclipsed By Sanity for the Local Festival Pre Show! :headbang:

bannersteel.jpg

Im so biased.

That's a great idea!! I wonder if someone could get Progpower to market it a bit or at least mention it on there page!!

I didn't mean to sound like I was looking down on Progpower...I just think they are talking Atlanta out of the show!!

Uh, ProgPower itself has never been about Atlanta bands. Glenn has gone after bands from overseas and bigger US bands, and built an amazing festival out of it. (And the audience reflects the worldwide appeal.)

BUT, Georgia bands DO have some history with the pre-party. If it didn't compete with the pre-pre-party in Vinyl, I wouldn't mind a 'localz-only' prog/power metal show on Wednesday before PP.......but it would take away from the pre-pre-party unless it were somehow a part of it.

Uh, ProgPower itself has never been about Atlanta bands. Glenn has gone after bands from overseas and bigger US bands, and built an amazing festival out of it. (And the audience reflects the worldwide appeal.)

BUT, Georgia bands DO have some history with the pre-party. If it didn't compete with the pre-pre-party in Vinyl, I wouldn't mind a 'localz-only' prog/power metal show on Wednesday before PP.......but it would take away from the pre-pre-party unless it were somehow a part of it.

Goodness! Well, why not finally make it a five day festival? Karaoke, Locals, Showcase, FESTIVAL!, FESTIVAL!. Hahaha, I think I'd fail out of my classes from that week alone.

I agree with what you've said. That would be really cool. Hell I'm sure we could find some money to bank roll such an event. They already have a house PA. We would have to pay for a sound man etc.