Half way through the year - what are you digging most?

8 jackyl- when moonshine and dynamite collide : overall solid but a few tunes are misfires and no chainsaw

So you like the new Jackyl ? I have heard the "My Moonshine Kicks Your Cocaine's Ass" and it is a bad ass tune. I have been meaning to check out some other songs from that one. I saw them at a club in Columbus Ga. back in the early 90's when they released their first album. They were an awesome live band.

Bryant

So you like the new Jackyl ? I have heard the "My Moonshine Kicks Your Cocaine's Ass" and it is a bad ass tune. I have been meaning to check out some other songs from that one. I saw them at a club in Columbus Ga. back in the early 90's when they released their first album. They were an awesome live band.

Bryant

i've probably purchased about 20 albums released in 2010 and its still in my top so yes its that good. the cover of janis joplins "mercedes benz" should have been left off one or 2 other tunes aren't that strong plus how can you have a jackyl album without a chainsaw? i actually think the song you like is one of the weaker tunes

The year seems very promising. The beginning was pretty good. These are the best for me:

Overkill - Ironbound
Arryan Path - Terra Incognita
Skull Fist - Heavier Than Metal [EP]
Convixion - s/t
White Wizzard - Over the Top
Myrath - Desert Call
Orphaned Land - The Never Ending Way of ORwarriOR
Ragenheart - s/t

I found the new Astral Doors good, but a too long one. I haven't listened yet to the new albums of Rage, Armored Saint, Enforcer and I am waiting for Accept, Vanden Plas etc.

I do not yet own the new Danzig but what i've heard has been stellar.

I just picked this up. I'm still digesting it, but it's definitely along the lines of earlier Danzig, heavier though. It has a more modern guitar sound, and a purer doom quality. It has that weird Danzig unquantifiable spooky quality....in a great way. It's very dark.
So glad it's out. Danzig hasn't done anything alone these lines for awhile...and it's damned killer.

The production/sound of this album is going to be heavily debated online, I'm guessing. It is a bit murky. For my money that works for the album, but some people are going to hate the production. It's almost Samhain-November Coming Fire in its production style. Not sure if it was a financial or artistic choice, but again, I dig it.

My favorite so far is the Ratt album. I'm still checking out Exodus, Heathen, Loudness, Nevermore, Overkill, and Vanden Plas. My friend Jon recorded Blitz' vocals for Ironbound, so that was pretty cool...

Looking forward to Accept, Maiden (not sure why), Symphony X (prob 2011), and the new Flotsam and Jetsam (also 9/14 in the US)!!!

I was disappointed by the Scorpions album, though not surprised. They are still one of my favorite bands of all time.

Dark Fortress - Ylem
Spock's Beard - X
Ultrageist - s/t
Masterplan - Time To Be King
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy
Sadist - Seasons In Silence
Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Vomit The Hate - Premortem Rot EP
Echoes - Nature | Existence
In Mourning - Monolith
Jack Slater - Extinction Aftermath
Trptykon - Eparistera Daimones
Demonica - Demontrous
Carach Angren - Death Came Through A Phantom Ship
Haken - Aquarius
Kalmah - 12 Gauge

1. Heathen – “The Evolution Of Chaos”
2. Wuthering Heights – “Salt”
3. Enforcer – “Diamonds”
4. White Wizzard – “Over The Top”
5. Pretty Maids – “Pandemonium”
6. Tarot – “Gravity Of Light”
7. Armored Saint – “La Raza”
8. Sabaton – “Coat Of Arms”
9. Dream Evil – “In The Night”
10. Poisonblack – “Of Rust And Bones"

so far looks like this, but it can change.

Hard to say what really tops my list for the year so far, but the usuals (Dream Evil, Fozzy, Armored Saint) all released great records. Ratt released an outstanding comeback record. Pretty Maids doesn't like Pretty Maids anymore, but it's good too. Avantasia was a bit of a let down. New Ozzy (expectantly) was terrible.

My favorite so far has probably been State of Rock - A Point of Destiny. Highly recommend 80s style melodic hard rock. Great vocals and guitar playing.

It seems for about the past 2 months there's been a major lull in records released (other than Vanden Plas, I can't think of any).