Half way through the year - what are you digging most?

Current rankings:

1. Blaze Bayley: Promise and the Terror
2. Haken: Aquarius
3. Y&T: Facemelter
4. Spock's Beard: X
5. Jorn: Dio
6. Sabaton: Coat of Arms
7. Yoso: Elements
8. Armored Saint: La Raza
9. Krokus: Hoodoo
10. Vanden Plas

I've been listening to the Armored Saint album a lot recently. They really picked up right where SoS left off.

Nice review Shawn, concise, balanced and well written. I mostly agree with you although I have never been able to check "Carpe Diem", so I think "Pandemonium" is the best since "Future World".

BTW, thanks for Blatant Disarray, I think they also will do the digging the most on 2010.

I've been listening to the Armored Saint album a lot recently. They really picked up right where SoS left off.

+1

Off the top of my head I can't think of any that haven't been mentioned already but Ratt, Keel, Steevi Jaimz and Pretty Maids all stand out. Particullarly the Keel record. Having never heard Keel before I saw him live I was in two minds about spending his set at the bar when he came on stage. He looked like a washed up alkie and with beer in one hand and shot in the other I thought we were in for a wasted trip but I was plesantly surprised and (I can't remember who the headliner was that night maybe Winger?) I must say he stole the show. Best live act I've seen in ages! Seconded by the amazing Steevi Jaimz at Rock City last weekend which was only let down by the lack of a sharpie so my Tigertailz record came home unsigned :( There'll be another chance though someday.

gonna have to go with

Iron Maiden - Final Frontier
Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
Masterplan - Time To Be King

those are the only albums ive bought in their entirety...nothing else seemed to have enough songs i would like to buy (so i just bought selected songs on itunes)

I've only heard a few 2010 albums so far, but of them Mekong Delta's is the only one that rose above decency. I was a little surprised on how much more they've embraced a melodic progressive metal sound in lieu of their trademark disjointed tech-thrashing, but I don't mind the change at all. The many instrumental transitions are well-executed too, unlike many albums that just use them as inappropriate padding.

gonna have to go with

Iron Maiden - Final Frontier
Blind Guardian - At The Edge Of Time
Masterplan - Time To Be King

Funny, I thought all three big-ones disappointed me... BG is better than the last one, but nothing to write home about really, just like Masterplan... Except for that Queen worship song, which is by far the best on the CD.

Grand Magus, Nevermore, Rage and Heathen get my votes.
Haven't listened to Sabaton yet, but I'll do that soon enough...

So far...

Acute Mind - S/T
Anaxes - Antithesis
Empty Tremor - Iridium
Haken - Aquarius
James Labrie - Static Impulse
Mindsplit - Charmed Human Art of Significance
Third Eye - Recipe for Disaster
Utopia - Ice and knives
Vanden Plas - The Seraphic Clockwork

Don't know any stuff by Disturbed, but I guess that's more to the "core" side of things? Phonomic also play a bit with the borderline Metal/Core, but I think they stay well on the metal side :p

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-rWSNdKYU&feature=related[/ame]

Space Eater and Invection are truly thrashing my ways around in the last few days.

Overkill - Ironbound
Skullview - Metalkill The World
Ratt - Infestation

I'd like to say Iron Maiden 'The Final Frontier', but I just can't get into it.