place.' You go to a different place and it's exciting, and it's unusual but
you don't feel comfortable. So you end up going to the same place you
used to go. That's basically how I felt with my departure from
PRIEST. You are not me, you can't possibly understand what was
going through my mind, my spirit and my soul at that time. What you
got was the music but I still don't feel that conveyed what was really
going on in my head and my heart. So, I think I had a lot of fucking
balls to do what I did! But it was not about saying, 'Fuck you, I'm
gonna do this.' It was just a necessary process as a creative musician.
So, if Tim says I turned his back on metal because FIGHT was a
failure and TWO was a failure, two commercial disasters, that I just
went back to metal because that's where I make my money and my
living… Fuck you, Tim! Because that's not what happened, and
without me you would not be in JUDAS PRIEST."

Well, I dont know, Rob did like 25 years of metal, then 3 rock albums, and all of a sudden he is selling out for going back to metal? Though he should have kept his mouth shut, all that "metal is dead, screw metal" stuff hasnt helped his cause...

But, I can see Tims side, he is in the band, Rob has said he wants to return, and Rob isnt wanting to go back to JP because he would get on so well with everyone, its for the big payday they would all get.....

Hmmmm.......

Originally posted by spawn
Though he should have kept his mouth shut, all that "metal is dead, screw metal" stuff hasnt helped his cause...

Exactly.

Ooooh the Priest singers are fighting.... JERRY! JERRY!

I just wanted to get the 20,000th post on MAIDEN DOWNUNDER!! WOO!!
*Takes a bow*

I am surprised to see rob saying that??, not his style at all. - I have heard alot of this talk of halford selling out ETC, and TWO was absolute shite people... - but then again so is demolition. IMO.
At the end of the day Halford still destroys ripper (IMO). both on cd and live.
Despite the recent bad reviews about halford, i have the rock in rio concert filmed last year and he is note perfect, also when he played Sweden last week i was told he is still awesome.
Dont get me wrong, ripper owned at the show in sydney (he he was fkn awesome and a cool guy) and does a good halford take, but priest have released two recent cd's with a totally different feel - both being jugulator (which i actually like) and democrap or what ever its called,,hahah.
Halford has made some mistakes, no doubt. there are songs on ressurrection (Halford) that are an apology if you listen to the songs on it - to the metal fans of the world.
But i dont like my metal with rap - Metal messiah - I dont like my metal with samples and korn esq riffing (demolition). Since ripper joined priest have changed ( not for the better IMO) - look at the sales for demolition... its the worst selling priest cd of all time.
please dont remind me about the change they made on turbo, this is different.
Find a scream on demoliton... i think theres one. I think he is going soft so he can complete the halford stuff live.

Halfords resurrection sold twice the numbers of demolition in europe alone.

theres no contest, Halford is and always will be the metal god.

Ripper is REALLY being held back though, his stuff on the Winters Bane cd is jaw dropping, the guy is just as good a singer as Halford in my opinion, but yep, I agree with you Stu, ill take Halfords new album over Demolition any day of the week.....

I think Ripper is stronger live than Halford to be honest. I just think on the last 2 studio albums Priest didn't want high vocals because they wanted to sound more contemporary.

more like korn you mean? haha IMO - again, i am happy to stand alone here.
But have you seen halford live?
Must admit i have only seen fight in 94, but have about 30 concerts on tape - his intensity cant be matched,
I have some early bootlegs of ripper and it took a year or so for him to get it together live.

I wouldn't like to see a Priest reunion, because it would spell the end for 2 bands. Halford is doing great things with his current band and I still believe the Ripper/Priest thing has potential.

Yeah, i must agree - I have read reports where halford is accepting the limitations of his age, commenting on how some stuff is harder to do now than it was years ago.
I would hate for him to go back to priest then bugger up what is a legacy of great tunes ETC.

But it sounds like alot our our vocal heroes are feeling the age thing and not being able to cut it anymore - geoff tate, eric adams ETC - Not Bruce though.. he seems to be powering away.

Originally posted by Sydo
I wouldn't like to see a Priest reunion, because it would spell the end for 2 bands. Halford is doing great things with his current band and I still believe the Ripper/Priest thing has potential.
Agreed. :)

What Halford is doing now is killer. I heard one of his new tracks on the radio last night (can't remember the title), but it was fantastic! :)