Halford and Ripper

64 is not that old for his kind.

Afterall, Bilbo was still cruising about slaying dragons and shit well after that age.

Originally posted by Sydo
64 is not that old for his kind.

Afterall, Bilbo was still cruising about slaying dragons and shit well after that age.

:lol:

So disrespectful ;)

:lol:

The ingredients to a Dio song:
1 part rainbows
1 part magic
2 parts guitar riffs
1 part shredding solo
1 part dragon
1 part night/midnight/dawn
Assorted keyboard parts sprinkled amongst each part
Add thunder/wind/atmospheric sounds to taste

Mix together and serve on a loud stereo for best results, a guaranteed crowd pleaser.

:headbang:

Originally posted by Stu
more like korn you mean? haha IMO - again, i am happy to stand alone here.
But have you seen halford live?
Must admit i have only seen fight in 94, but have about 30 concerts on tape - his intensity cant be matched,
I have some early bootlegs of ripper and it took a year or so for him to get it together live.

More like Korn??? ARE YOU MAD?!?!??!?! I'm talking LIVE here not the material on the new albums!!! Ripper's voice is STRONGER I said, not necessarily better. Halford's has that awesome unique sound to it, but Ripper's is certainly stronger.

Plus, the 2 live albums with Halford were extremely overdubbed. '98 Live Meltdown isn't! And I mean just listen to "Metal Meltdown" on it and you can't say Ripper's voice isn't amazing live!

Originally posted by The Trooper

More like Korn??? ARE YOU MAD?!?!??!?! I'm talking LIVE here not the material on the new albums!!! Ripper's voice is STRONGER I said, not necessarily better. Halford's has that awesome unique sound to it, but Ripper's is certainly stronger.

Plus, the 2 live albums with Halford were extremely overdubbed. '98 Live Meltdown isn't! And I mean just listen to "Metal Meltdown" on it and you can't say Ripper's voice isn't amazing live!

Hey troops... *read* big guy. I said ripper owned in sydney, he was great and does an amazing take on halford.

I guess this is gonna come down to opinion (like everything else), Stronger... in what way? . My overall comment is that IMHO the direction that priest has taken since ripper joined does not honour their past or what they built. If it isnt obvious, I am a diehard! Tattoo and all.
This new direction may have nothing to do with ripper? it may be all tipton and his ever changing approach to metal.
Love it or hate it. I hate it.
Why - Doesn't ripper sing with priest like he did with wintersbane?

and dude, sorry what 2 Live albums are you referring too? Halford has only released 1 Live cd, Live insurrection - yes, me=dissapointed. recorded at soundchecks.... c'mon.., but like i said the live bootlegs i have are awesome, why he needed to record that way is beyond me.

But at the end of the day, ripper can sing but all have have heard is growling on demolition. There are new metal influences all over the latest disc, and this may be an intended direction for priest

you bought it, fine. I took it back and got a refund.

I'll just go back to listening to the new dio cd....:devil:

Nah Stu, I agree with all that! I said I don't like the 2 Ripper albums! His voice sucks on them and the songs suck in my opinion. But.... his voice covering the Halford songs is amazing was what I was getting at. I think his voice is stronger on the high notes. He abolsutely kills live.

And the 2 live albums I was talking about her Unleashed In The East and Priest...Live! They have alot more overdubs than Live Meltdown.

Originally posted by The Trooper
Nah Stu, I agree with all that! I said I don't like the 2 Ripper albums! His voice sucks on them and the songs suck in my opinion. But.... his voice covering the Halford songs is amazing was what I was getting at. I think his voice is stronger on the high notes. He abolsutely kills live.

And the 2 live albums I was talking about her Unleashed In The East and Priest...Live! They have alot more overdubs than Live Meltdown.

hahah group hug.... yeah cool man, i gotta remove the blinkers sometimes..

hey man, for interest - i'll make you two vids of halford live off the latest tour and pass em to you next time we are in melb, august 24 for our cd launch:D