Halo 3...?

proulxski

Welcome To Kanata Eh!
Hey

Since its been awhile since we've had any epic video game discussions, just wondering what everyone thinks of Halo 3, and has anyone got the invite/played the Beta yet? My opinions will follow...

I will buy this game souly for its intense :worship: Campaign, I mean the story has always kicked my anus, and this time around will be no differn't + its putting an end to the story so I gotta see what happens! Now that being said, MP is a disapointment to me! I mean this game seems like a Halo 2.5, it takes more than new weapons, features and a few little graphical advancements to make a game now days! I mean come on this game hardly feels next gen, it feels like noting compared to Gears of War, Rainbow 6: Las Vegas, Ghost Recon: A.W... I mean Halo 2 is so out of date graphically and gameplay wise...for its time it was revolutionary now its just bleh! So far Halo 3 just looks to be the same thing with more featurettes :(

Thoughts, Predictions, Opinions?:headbang:

I never had an xbox, but just got an xbox360 with Gears of War and Halo 2. I beat Gears in like 2 days, but Halo 2 is only about 1/3 done. It's pretty good. Quite cinematic, but i think half the weapons in the game are crap. I also find multiplayer to be pretty tough. Here i am laying into some guy for like 6 seconds, and then he just turns around and one-hits me. What gives?

I'll hire Crackdown again for the Halo 3 beta. Hopefully it'll be really good. If it is i'll definently buy it on release.

thats one of the most one sided thing to say though, since the game did sell millions and untill Gears of War came out was the most popular game played on xbox and xbox360 for a long as time, and by a long shot!
I think Gears of War sucks too, and Halo is the most overrated franchise I have ever seen in a long time. It sold so many copies because it was the first game little 8 year olds got into in the 6th generation of video gaming. Little children could play against eachother online and then cry like little babies when they lost. I'm not even going to mention my disposition towards the X-box here either.

/my time in this thread is over

psst Rpg's ftw +987

Sony fanboys ahoy!

I just played the beta for a good 5 hours or so. I like it alot, I think the graphics are a decent improvement, it isn't supposed to be photo realistic and isn't supposed to look dirty like gears of war, it's supposed to look like Halo. Game play is as fun as ever and seems fresh since all of the glitches and button combinations like BXR have been eliminated. I don't understand why EVERY game has to be next-gen landmark crazy-ness. Especially when this is simply a beta, this isn't the finished product.

I personally think Half Life is/was boring, story just didn't do it for me.

The polishing phase of a game can completely change its look. Also mind you this is just multiplayer, I don't know about you, but i'd rather have a smooth gameplay online experience than good graphics. The campaign has been promised to look much better.

I'm pretty hyped for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption actually. I'm still rusty aiming with the Wii-mote but I heard this game supposedly has the best aiming yet so hopefully that'll help. :D

I'm looking forward to not spending $392,201,632.84 on video games. If i ever got a next gen console,it'd be the wii based on price and overall fun. But mostly, if i feel the need to play video games, i've got plenty of old school stuff where the games were actually fun to play (mario 1 and 3 for NES anyone??)

Fuck halo. Worst FPS ever made. Aside from daikatana. Doom shits all over halo. Goldeneye was the LAST good fps (unless you count the metroid prime series, which i don't)

I'm pretty hyped for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption actually. I'm still rusty aiming with the Wii-mote but I heard this game supposedly has the best aiming yet so hopefully that'll help. :D

Metriod hasn't been Metroid since Super Metroid on the SNES - one of the best games of all time.

Halo 2 is amazing, best replay value and online experience of any game ever (and I'm primarily an RPG fan). Every single online game is unique, requires new adaptations of strategy, and is just as intense as the previous game. I'm happy for Halo 3 but I'm not thrilled about the Halo community being divided between Halo 2 and 3 - I like the size of the halo 2 community right now, just enough to find matches quickly and with unique participants. Who knows though, it will certainly be interesting to see.

Proulxski, you haven't even played Halo 3, and therefore, cannot form a solid opinion on how good the game is. You can assume, but that's about it.

After the first day of playing, I thought it was just Halo 2.5, but after the second day, I've really come to notice how fun the game really is. I Recommend playing it, gamers, because gameplay-wise, it's a whole step up in the fun dept. It feels like Halo, but it has enough changes to easily be considered a new game, and the graphics are actually a large step up. Once this game has been finished and released, it's going to kick my ass. I'm loving it so far.
Oh, and RPGs FTL :p

I'm looking forward to not spending $392,201,632.84 on video games. If i ever got a next gen console,it'd be the wii based on price and overall fun. But mostly, if i feel the need to play video games, i've got plenty of old school stuff where the games were actually fun to play (mario 1 and 3 for NES anyone??)
emulators!