Halo 3...?

Gentlemen, I have tried it for that matter, I played for a ottal of 2 hours and I was not impressed, although zach and I rarely agree on something why spend such a huge amount on this game and next gen when I can play Mario on the nes... I mean if I'm going to spend the money on the console I want next gen experiences... WHy would I buy a wii with a game that doesn't use the new controller? It would be useless, just like Halo 3 will be! It takes more than cool weapons, and features to make a new game! I mean I will buy it for SP but thats probably just about it since there are plenty of other games that surpass it!

Halo 2 is amazing, best replay value and online experience of any game ever (and I'm primarily an RPG fan). Every single online game is unique, requires new adaptations of strategy, and is just as intense as the previous game. I'm happy for Halo 3 but I'm not thrilled about the Halo community being divided between Halo 2 and 3 - I like the size of the halo 2 community right now, just enough to find matches quickly and with unique participants. Who knows though, it will certainly be interesting to see

I actually found Halo 2's replay value horrible, I mean I ran through campaign with ease, online was fun an addictive at the time.... But over time you grow really tired of how much of a shatty experience it was, the glitches, the lack of balance was horrendous. But as I said it was revolutionary for its time. Halo 3 looks to be the same thing, which compared to alot of the newer games is nothing, the game engine, the physics are now out of date... Alot of people crap over this game (Halo 2) and now Halo 3, but really I'm not seeing why. I mean i will be first to tell you its one of the best SP experiences in an FPS i've ever had, and I love the Halo Universe, I am in no way a hatter! Halo 2 was good because it was the only game worth playing on xbox live and the only game that really made it somewhere on xbox live. Yet compared to all these new games Halo 2 is scrap! Everyone says Gears and all those other games will loose their audience wrong. Halo already has lost their audience....

I played the Beta last night.

It's so good that you can fucking divide it by zero and the universe wouldn't implode.

If you consider losing all your exclusive titles (at least the worthwhile ones anyway) and selling an overly expensive console with tons of useless hardware and not enough decent software "winning", then the PS3 has won for life.

Halo 3 looks good, and will probably end up being great like the first two. However, I do agree that Half Life (especially HL2 which is pretty much *the game* to usher in this next generation we are seeing right now) is the superior series.

Crysis looks amazing but it's too ahead of its time. Most PCs probably won't be able to run it and most developers won't be able to use its engine for financial reasons. Will it be an awesome game? Probably. Will it be hard to run/have its engine used in other games? Yes.

I'm looking forward to not spending $392,201,632.84 on video games. If i ever got a next gen console,it'd be the wii based on price and overall fun. But mostly, if i feel the need to play video games, i've got plenty of old school stuff where the games were actually fun to play (mario 1 and 3 for NES anyone??)

Fuck halo. Worst FPS ever made. Aside from daikatana. Doom shits all over halo. Goldeneye was the LAST good fps (unless you count the metroid prime series, which i don't)
I'd have to agree on almost every point. Old games are better, Daikatana is actually worse than Halo, Doom and Goldeneye are better, the Wii is the best new console, BUT I do think there are some good new FPS games, like UT2k4 or Half-Life, but that's about as far as it goes for me.

Also, I said I was finished with the thread, but it looks like it hasn't turned into a shitfest quite yet.

Well i'm just not a big fan of the FPS that are like... between fucking impossible and WAY fucking impossible. I don't like to devote my life to games, and i'm not naturally good enough at them to pick up on them right away (therefore i'd have to devote my life to... anyway, moving on).

At any rate, someone made a smartass comment a while back about saying halo sucks with no explanation and that there was no intelligent discussion. First of all, it's an opinion, so there needs be no intelligent discussion. However, just to go ahead and satisfy your curiosity:

I don't like halo. I never played halo 2, and i'm not going to waste my time on halo 3. I didn't play halo for very long, but i found the whole premise to be boring, the controls a bit too awkward, and it just wasn't fun for me. I'd rather play doom, a game with tremendous replay value (it just never gets old dude!)

Sure, graphics are fantastic. You can see your reflection in your teammate's codpiece, and that's awesome. That's where we all wanted to see technology go. Nah, it just isn't fun.

so inother words its exactly like hf2 lol

What?!

First of all what is "HF2"? If you're comparing Half Life 2 to Crysis you're an idiot, BIGTIME. Half Life 2 doesn't use a unique game engine, instead it used the Havoc engine. It's rather easy for developers to use the technology on Half Life 2 (and actually in fact, developers are using more updated software for physics/graphics/etc) in their own games...

Thanks for the explanation. I do find it fun and pick up on games pretty quickly. I'd rather play an FPS on controller than on PC now because i'm so used to the Halo control scheme.

Obviously they're doing something right to be one of the top games etc. etc. So saying it's a shit game is obviously not right for me to say. I still think Mario 1 wins in fun over it.