Hammerfest

Brainkisser

Master of War
Feb 21, 2003
NJ, USA
www.monmouth.com
The lyrics mention Hammerfest twice, and I've been trying to find out if there is a real event behind it. I've looked online but I can't find anything before 1400 or so. Anyone know?

I'm working on a viking-based story and I just had the idea about tying in Hammerfest somehow, but if there's a real story I'll do something else.

Hammerfest is the Northernmost city in the world (in Norway of course \m/) but I dont think there's a story to it - considering the city's only a few hundred years old, I don't think that it would be in any stories in Norse mythology. It'd be badass if the whole saga Johan sings of actually occured or was in legends, but I think the whole thing is just made up by Johan. It would make one HELL of a badass viking legend - but sadly, the city just isn't old enough :(

"Untatt Oss O Herre Fra Vreden Av Det Normenn!!!" \m/

I have a slight suspicion that the name Hammerfest means "Stronghold of the hammer" in norwegian. Maybe someone from Norge could enlighten us?

I suggest you to write about something you know for sure. Maybe hammerfest is the party that carpenteers have in the summer before the vacancy, they get drunk and they put under siege the alcohol store, in Italia can happen...